“Trip to Lake Placid ”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in beautiful Saratoga County, the Ripe Tomato is a friendly, family-owned and operated dining experience that sets it apart from chain restaurants. We offer simple, hearty Italian and American fare prepared using fresh, local ingredients.
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We were on our way home from visiting Lake Placid, NY. I saw the sign for this restaurant and decided to check it out. My wife and daughter were not interested in fast food so we decided to do a sit down. My wife had the toasted cheese with the beef barley soup and my daughter the same except with the seafood bisque. They both rated it very good. My son had the cheeseburger and I had the Tucson Chicken sandwich, we would both rated it OK. My chicken was tough in some spots but I loved the roasted red pepper on the sandwich.

1  Thank Edward L

Reviewed 21 December 2017

We have been going to the Ripe Tomato for many years but mainly with just a small family group. This time we had a birthday party with eighteen people attending and the food and service were great and did not disappoint. We were not rushed out after our meal and everyone enjoyed themselves in the room that we had off the main dining area. Would recommend for couples, family and large groups.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We have been going to the Ripe Tomato for many years. Scallop and Shimp bisque is the best. A few more taps at the bar would be a welcome addition. The bar is stocked very well.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The Ripe Tomato is a great place. The food is always great,,the price is reasonable, and the ambience is home town. I have to remind them I do cook at home sometimes!!! This is a habitual weekly stop. Try the daily specials they are great...

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I want to first thank the Malta Diner for dropping the ball. We originally went there for breakfast because we dropped my wife’s car off at Monroe for an oil change. We sat there for almost 10 minutes with no sign of our server so we left. If they were more competent we would never have discovered brunch at the Ripe Tomato.

Anyway... let’s talk about positive experiences. We were driving north on Route 9 and we saw plenty of cars parked in the Ripe Tomato parking lot. Both my wife and I were unaware that they were open this early on a Sunday (it was 11:15).

The buffet was fresh including penne a la vodka and it was delicious. The cook manning the omelette station made awesome omelettes, the cook making waffles made amazing crepes and our server was friendly and attentive. I can’t say enough good things about my experience at the Ripe Tomato today. I will definitely be be back in the future.