“Tasty asian fusion, but be prepared to pay for it”
Review of Toku Modern Asian

Toku Modern Asian
Reserve with OpenTable
Toku Modern Asian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Manhasset
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Searingtown Road
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We took my parents, who rarely eat anything but Chinese food, here for Christmas Eve dinner, and they loved it. We Irish mother in law, who also loves Chinese food, also joined us and she raved about the food and service. We started with the edamame, rock shrimp tempura, shrimp dumplings, lamb spare ribs, gyoza, chicken ramen, kobe beef shishito peppers (though there was no beef) and teriyaki sliders. In hindsight, we should have also ordered the Riverstone BBQ as the table next to us ordered it and it looked delicious. However, for 6 people, this was plenty for us to share. My father ordered the roasted lobster, and he could barely finish his entree. My mother thoroughly enjoyed her skirt steak, and my son and I each got the filet of beef (I loved the mushroom ragout). My wife ordered the Ja Jaing Mein and lucky for me, she couldn't finish it and it turned out to be an awesome reheated breakfast the next day. My daughter loved the Geisha roll, and my mother in law couldn't get enough of the shrimp pilaf. The food is very good, but it is very, very pricey for Asian food. I've catered Christmas eve dinner for 20 people for what we paid for 6 here. But, it's worth the occasional splurge for food this good.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Come for the food, stay for the scene. Another Reality show. Looks like an Americana Fashion show. Food is always great. Bar is a cool place to sit and check out the runway.......

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Dined at Toku tonight with a family member. We were promptly greeted and seated. The servers immediately gave us menus and filled our water glasses. Justin P, our waiter was exceptional! Not only did he clearly and patiently explain the dishes we inquired about, he also made recommendations. We ordered the Steamed Sea Bass Rolls and Shrimp Dumplings (Justin informed us these were spicy and we asked for them to be prepared mild) as appetizers. Delicious! We then ordered Ja Jiang Mein and Miso Black Cod (Justin's recommednation) and both were absolutely delectable! For dessert we ordered Fujii Tatin and Warm Brownie, though wqould order the Fuji Tatin again instead of the Warm Brownie in the future. The service was exceptional, the atmosphere was relaxing and overall was a very enjoyable experience. This was our second choice of place to dine tonight after we had left Cipollini earlier due to extremely poor service. Should have come here to dine first. Very much looking forward to dining here again.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to Toku for years and must say that each time is better than the last. From the cocktails, ambiance and menu they are the best sushi in Long Island. Always great for a large group with a variety of asian fusion options. The Tuna Tataki Salad is a favorite, along with any type of sushi. A must try!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Awesome. We had never been there before and it was recommended to us by a local.
What ever i tried was great. I would go back!