“Our Stay Sept 28-oct4”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Our Comfort Inn Experience, the good, the bad, the ugly.
We stayed at the comfort Inn & suites Larguarda Airport from September 28-October 4/2017
when we arrived we called the hotel from the airport phones located at the exit doors for arrivals, we were told that a van would be approximately 20 mins out and to wait on the meridian, after 40 minutes we called back worried that we had missed the bus, we were told it would be there shortly and after waiting over an hour in the heat it arrived. Not a great start to our week in NY, when we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a young lady named, Laura. She was so glad to see us and said that she had been trying to call us bc she was concerned! Unfortunately we didn't have phone service for the states, but definitely will for next time. Laura was amazing, she was very pleasant to deal with, gave us coupons and directions for restaurants in the area as well as restaurants that would deliver to the area.
Overall the hotel staff were all very friendly, helpful and courteous, the manager was quick to assist with any of our needs during our stay and made us feel right at home.
The room: it was clean, well organized and met all our basic needs. A fridge, coffee maker & safe are all provided. The bathroom is small but it wasn't an issue and we were there for a week.
Breakfast was just OK, its very basic but we never went hungry. The coffee isn't great, even selecting the “strong” option and it was still a very weak a cup of java....I do enjoy a strong cup of coffee tho
We never used any of the room cleaning services during our stay, no point IMO but I'm sure it would have been fine just based on the staff.
The shuttle service was great after our first hiccup, we found out that the shuttle would go to the airport on the hour and subway terminal in between. Once we figured that out we worked our schedule around theirs, the drivers were always courteous and drove with care and control at all times.
The shuttle will take you to terminal 7 woodworth & 61st street I believe ( enter on the corner ) and that will take you right to time square and from there all of New York is your for the taking! Directly across the street from the subway terminal at 61st street on the opposite corner in a pay phone....this is important if you don't have minutes on your phone! Make your way back to that location at the end of the day ( usually 11:30 for us) and call the hotel, a driver will come get you. If you lose the phone number go see Sal at Sals Pizza & grab 2 slices & a pop for 5 bucks! The shuttles last pick up is 12:30
The Q67 bus was another option we used while there, this bus stop was a little more difficult to find and after much wondering & asking we found it about 5 blocks down the street and around the corner at the queens borough center subway stop. The problem with that was that no one told us that the Q67 stops running at 11:30. It will drop you off about 2 blocks from the hotel but IMO just go back to 61st street before 12:30, its much easier. Or take a cab from the 61st street platform for about 10 bucks including the tip.
We always felt safe, other then the bus stop in queens at 1 am, we never had any major issues with anyone or directions, ask a cop they're everywhere, everyone was very friendly and helped if they could. Imo this hotel and staff were top rate!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamie p

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Never thought I would say that I LOVE comfort in, but I do. They provide transportation to and from the airport. You have to call them to pick you up. They also drop you off at the subway and assist any way they can with directions. Our driver on the evening 9/16 was AMAZING. Patient and courteous. 100% Awesome customer service.

On to the hotel, it's not as close to the airport as I would have thought about 10-12 min. Beautiful neighborhood in Queens, clean room with refrigerator safe larger screen tv comfortable bed, and breakfast in the morning. Perfect! Thank you

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I stayed in this hotel for two nights after arriving in the US. The hotel is not near any places to eat and has no restaurant so you need to drive to get an evening meal. They don't even have any local information about places that deliver hot food.
The continental breakfast is very good with hot options, waffles as well as what you would expect.
Room was clean and comfortable although the bed was unusually high. I am 5' 6" tall and I had to hitch myself up to get into the bed.
My room was quite noisy as it was near the lift and the vending room. Machine noises seemed to go on for much of the night.
There was an in-room safe which was in the bottom of a cupboard so I had to get down on my hands and knees to use it.
And it is opposite a huge cemetery although this didn't cause me any problems, I was fascinated by it.
The staff are all very helpful and friendly.
It is a way from Manhattan and I'm not sure about public transport to get into the City. I pre-booked Dial 7 cars for my visits to the sites and these cost around $50.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the lifts or vending rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The area around the hotel, at first, seems a bit sketchy. However, when we walked to a local restaurant, we realized that it was on the edge of a nice neighborhood and that it was safe. Our room overlooked a huge cemetery- some might say it was pretty dead around here - and we could see the Manhattan skyline too. The staff was young and somewhat "laid back," but were friendly and helpful. The room was small but clean.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam F
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on a layover between flights in New York. We were extremely pleased with the friendliness, cleanliness, and convenience of this hotel. There was also a free shuttle to LaGuardia Airport, which was quite comfortable.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspeth
0.4 km away
Comfort Inn
#17 of 34 in Long Island City
2.8 km away
Fairfield Inn New York Long Island City / Manhattan View
Fairfield Inn New York Long Isla...
#15 of 34 in Long Island City
2.5 km away
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#32 of 34 in Long Island City
3.2 km away
The Paper Factory Hotel
The Paper Factory Hotel
#8 of 34 in Long Island City

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!