Econo Lodge(Massena)
Lion Motel(Long Sault)
US$79
US$93
US$91
First Canada Inns(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$74
US$112
US$109
All reviewsbreakfast roomfridge microwaverestaurant attachedcomplimentary breakfastexcellent breakfastfriendly atmospheresingle roomorvisqueen
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have now stayed here twice for extended periods (10 days), and have some caveats about staying here, though alternatives are few.

First the good things. Breakfast is provided daily and is rather extensive, but similar to other chains with full breakfasts. The breakfast is good and includes scrambled eggs daily, a breakfast meat, and make-your-own waffles, along with juices, coffee, an assortment of breads and pastries, cold cereal, instant hot cereal, milk, yogurt, and fresh fruit. No complaints here.

I would suggest not getting a room that has an adjoining room. The doors between rooms are thin and someone on a cell phone in the other room sounds like he is beside you in your room. I would also suggest not getting a room at the back end of the hall- I will explain latter.

The rooms themselves are nice and the hotel is quiet, with the exception of hearing slamming doors. There is a small fitness center on the first floor, and a washer and dryer on the fourth floor. Parking is adequate, though the more convenient upper lit may be full with patrons of The Club Restaurant connected to the hotel.

For those that cannot abide cigarette smoke and smells, the second floor of this hotel is a smoking floor. Therefore, the elevators always reek of smoke as do the back half of the hallways. Patrons smoke outside the entry doors, and this is why the first floor and back halves of the third and fourth floors smell of cigarettes. The rooms themselves do not however.

The front desk has been accommodating in changing my rooms, so I have no complaints there. Options for alternatives are few, and would be about 10 miles away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel if you have a choice. The walls and doors are all beat up and have holes in them. It reminded me of a college dorm with the smell of marijuana and stale cigarettes on the third floor. My room was in the third floor and it was a constant 75 degrees in my rooms. If I turned the AC it would get hotter in the room. The room was TINY! I had a double bed and barely had enough room for my suitcase on the floor.

It doesn't have dog waste stations so all the dog owners just leave the waste laying on the ground for you to walk in.

This hotel needs serious updating and maintenance. The best part about this hotel was the restaurant attached to it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please give me a call I would like to personally apologize to you.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We were in Massena for family weekend. There were limited choices, even though I booked quite far in advance. I can't believe hotels still have double beds. You can not sleep two people comfortably on a double bed. And they put theirs up against the wall. So someone is against a wall. I guess that person doesn't run the risk of falling out of bed. Also, the room was 84 degrees. When I called the front desk he said he would be right up. 10 minutes later we went to the desk and he told us he forgot. Then told us just to turn the heat off, they can't make everyone happy. News flash!! ... you better make everyone happy or you will be out of business. You are a hotel! Your job is to make everyone happy. On a good note-the shower was adequate and the room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear ,

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

The only saving grace of this hotel is the lovely, older gentleman who works in the continental breakfast area. He deserves a better place than this dump to work. Let's start with the positive - the lobby is fairly nice, particularly in comparison to the rooms. I didn't find any chalk outlines for dead bodies or any bugs. Now the negatives - the room where my meeting was held was next door to the kitchen where I had the pleasure of listening to the loud kitchen staff for two days. The floors in the conference room were sticky - this place apparently hasn't seen a mop in quite some time. I ate lunch at the adjoining restaurant - The Club. The waitress was miserable (I would be too if I worked here) and she delivered our drinks after carrying them by the top lip of the glass. Thank God she gave us straws. I normally would have complained but I was concerned the staff (who I heard yelling for two days) would spit in my food. The lunch was okay, notwithstanding the service. However, the food did make me sick a few hours after eating, so I recommend against eating or drinking anything at this establishment. The staff during check in were unfamiliar with their own computer system, and were overly defensive when challenged on their incompetence.

My first room smelled and the room door did not lock. I was then "upgraded" to a larger room with doors that actually locked. This "upgrade" consisted of an attached sitting room with old, dirty furniture. It was dark and depressing. This room, like the first one, smelled of mold and dirt. There were limited decorations in the room. The bathroom was old and dirty. The bed was relatively comfortable, but the sheets were cheap and scratchy. Overall, a negative experience.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
QualityMassenaGM, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Reviewed 26 September 2016

I stayed at the Quality Inn for two nights while visiting my son at a local college (closer hotels had no availability). Check in was quick and courteous. The room was clean and well appointed. I stayed in one of their tiny rooms with one full sized bed. This is perfect for a solo traveler, but would feel cramped for two. The room had a fridge and microwave and coffee maker. Complimentary breakfast is included. They call it a continental breakfast, but it is not. It is a full breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, yogurt, cereal etc. This is an excellent plus. On the second night the temperature outside dropped to 36 degrees and I discovered that my heat did not work. As I was checking out this morning and the room did not become too chilly, I did not address this with management until checkout. Overall, this is a good value hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
QualityMassenaGM, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear,