Econo Lodge(Massena)
Travelocity
US$93
US$90
Travelocity
First Canada Inns(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$74
Orbitz.com
US$112
US$109
All reviewsbreakfast roomfridge microwaverestaurant attachedcomplimentary breakfastexcellent breakfastfriendly atmospheresingle roomorvisqueen
Reviewed 13 May 2017

Hotel located in downtown area. Plenty of parking. Check-in not so good. No people person skills. Room cramped & VERY dusty. Had issues with the “free” wi-fi. No one at the front desk could help. They have a choice of free wi-fi & “Premium” wi-fi that is faster & will give you secure access for 99 cents per computer. Ordered it & it didn’t work. Front desk gives me a phone number for tech support. Call them & they worked it through. Told them that I had paid for “Premium” service. They advised that they did not accept payment for anything & that the payment goes to the hotel. Front desk would not refund my $1.98 without management approval. No managers on duty! Wanted to use business center to print a document. No business center. I was told to go to a public library. This is a four story hotel. NO ACCESS to the floors by stairs up or down. CRAZY! No TV channel guide in the room. Room is in need of minor renovations (Room 308). Included breakfast offered a good selection of the usual hotel fare.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Reviewed 13 April 2017

I needed to visit a client in Massena but wanted to keep the budget under control. I opted for a very affordable super single room at Quality Inn on West Orvis St. The room had a comfortable bed that seemed more like a queen, a big screen tv, a nice desk with chair and a fridge/microwave. The room and bathroom were clean and well maintained. The complimentary breakfast was as expected and the coffee was great.

The attached bar/lounge was an excellent surprise! I had a delicious entree every night and they cooked to order for my low carb needs. Of course I blew that by drinking some reasonably priced microbrews but the bar was full of interesting people from all walks of life and the friendly atmosphere made it easy to make friends. On the down side, it got a little noisy on my last night (thursday). Inconsiderate jerks kept slamming doors and talking loud in the hallway so I had to put in my earplugs. By 11pm it was dead quiet though. All in all it was a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I have now stayed here twice for extended periods (10 days), and have some caveats about staying here, though alternatives are few.

First the good things. Breakfast is provided daily and is rather extensive, but similar to other chains with full breakfasts. The breakfast is good and includes scrambled eggs daily, a breakfast meat, and make-your-own waffles, along with juices, coffee, an assortment of breads and pastries, cold cereal, instant hot cereal, milk, yogurt, and fresh fruit. No complaints here.

I would suggest not getting a room that has an adjoining room. The doors between rooms are thin and someone on a cell phone in the other room sounds like he is beside you in your room. I would also suggest not getting a room at the back end of the hall- I will explain latter.

The rooms themselves are nice and the hotel is quiet, with the exception of hearing slamming doors. There is a small fitness center on the first floor, and a washer and dryer on the fourth floor. Parking is adequate, though the more convenient upper lit may be full with patrons of The Club Restaurant connected to the hotel.

For those that cannot abide cigarette smoke and smells, the second floor of this hotel is a smoking floor. Therefore, the elevators always reek of smoke as do the back half of the hallways. Patrons smoke outside the entry doors, and this is why the first floor and back halves of the third and fourth floors smell of cigarettes. The rooms themselves do not however.

The front desk has been accommodating in changing my rooms, so I have no complaints there. Options for alternatives are few, and would be about 10 miles away.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel if you have a choice. The walls and doors are all beat up and have holes in them. It reminded me of a college dorm with the smell of marijuana and stale cigarettes on the third floor. My room was in the third floor and it was a constant 75 degrees in my rooms. If I turned the AC it would get hotter in the room. The room was TINY! I had a double bed and barely had enough room for my suitcase on the floor.

It doesn't have dog waste stations so all the dog owners just leave the waste laying on the ground for you to walk in.

This hotel needs serious updating and maintenance. The best part about this hotel was the restaurant attached to it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please give me a call I would like to personally apologize to you.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We were in Massena for family weekend. There were limited choices, even though I booked quite far in advance. I can't believe hotels still have double beds. You can not sleep two people comfortably on a double bed. And they put theirs up against the wall. So someone is against a wall. I guess that person doesn't run the risk of falling out of bed. Also, the room was 84 degrees. When I called the front desk he said he would be right up. 10 minutes later we went to the desk and he told us he forgot. Then told us just to turn the heat off, they can't make everyone happy. News flash!! ... you better make everyone happy or you will be out of business. You are a hotel! Your job is to make everyone happy. On a good note-the shower was adequate and the room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
QualityMassenaGM, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear ,