“Surprise on the Sunrise”
Review of Grillfire

Grillfire
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in Merrick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: part of the George Martin's restaurant group
Reviewed 6 July 2017

A busy holiday weekend left us with lots of our favorite restaurants closed and others so crowded we couldn't get in. So, we tried Grillfire and were delighted with our meal. First, a glass of water and some hot pretzels. YUM! Then we looked over the very big menu and found some delightful choices. The horseradish meatloaf with mashed potatoes was huge...and very tasty. My chicken burger California style was first rate in every category. I could not finish it and brought about half of the burger and most of my tomato/bleu cheese side salad home with me. A tasty multi-grain bun accompanied the burger and won my vote hands down for the best one I have ever tasted. We tried two of their featured beers and were delighted. All in all, we went from looking for someplace to get some take-out to a very nice meal served by enthusiastic and competent wait-staff who offered us a complimentary cotton candy for dessert. Would that we could have eaten it but we left that for next time. We will return.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Last week was my daughter's Confirmation. I had family come in from Florida who are picky eaters so choosing a restaurant was a challenge. We have eaten here before and liked it - I was so glad we picked here again. All the entrees were delicious, the service was impeccable and everyone had a good time. I would highly recommend this place for special dinners, occasions, the food is great and the service top notch.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

adequate parking and directly on Sunrise Hwy. terrible traffic at 5 Pm so we decided to give this place a try and wait out Fri. night traffic heading out east.
Waked in with no reservation.
pleasant staff and accommodating.
Extensive menu with appetizers, entrees and desserts.
Our only issue was that it was a little pricey for the portions served.
The quality was good but since we wanted to try the roasted chicken the portion when served was a smallish half a chicken ( almost a Cornish hen size) so once served decided that we need to add a salad as well as sweet potato fries to be sufficient.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I need to start by saying I rarely give a poor review. I think the novelty of the pretzels & cotton candy are what makes this restaurant so popular. It surely can't be the staff or food. I find this restaurant completely over rated & overpriced. I will admit the s'mores dessert is very good. Other reviews say they have good hamburgers. GM (George Martin) has a fantastic burger restaurant in Massapequa with a much friendlier staff. I have dined here several times over the years because of some one else's choice. Every Time we have I say to myself why this restaurant with so many better neighborhood choices. I am surprised with GM's great reputation that they don't correct the problems this restaurant has. The hostess &/or manger is never friendly or accomadating. Same with wait staff. Its a shame.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

last minute stop on the way hime from doctors appointment-great choice-wish i hadnt had beef last night-it was steak nite-