All reviewsjones beachbagelscontinental breakfastnew yorklong islandthe breakfast areamain buildingtrain stationhour coffeerooms are cleanbusy roadwould stay againeasy accessbed was comfortableno elevatorcalled the front desknassau coliseum
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We've stayed at this conveniently located motel many times over many years. Close to friends & family. Close to LIRR to NYC. Near beach & shopping. Excellent value with free parking, breakfast, internet. Accommodating staff. A gem.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Hillary J
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This place was horrible we stayed here because it was close to Jones Beach we went to a concert there the first one we got smell like dog piss when we ask for another room that gave us a hard time making us wait a good 15 to 20 minutes the second room smells a little better but not much the beds are uncomfortable the breakfast is a joke better get there early if you want Bagels should have known something was up when we walk to our room the other motel rooms had their doors open like they were trying to air them out shame on AAA for recommending this place

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Corinne C
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Booked this hotel for a nights stay after a concert on Jones Beach. Property is conviently located for this and the prices are good. The lady at check in was pleasant enough, and that's where the good stopped. The rooms are outdated and aging. This never bothers me, but it may some. I booked the room with knowledge that there three adults staying in the room. You'd think they would have a cot ready for the third person? Wrong. Not that there is anything wrong with polyamorous couples, but we definitely don't fit that description. I called the front desk to get a cot for our third guy and was told they couldn't get us one, that only maintenance can get them and they were gone for the evening, but we could have one on the Morning. Gee thanks. For the price we'd stay here again though.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Can't beat the price for Long Island area. I must say, their photos make it look nicer than it really is, but I was satisfied. The lobby is lovely and parking is free and convenient. No elevator to second floor. Area seems safe. Rooms are dated, through bathrooms have some updates. Everything felt clean. Good TV selection and wifi worked great. Shower was hot, and AC worked well. No fitness center, but safe sidewalks allowed me a 3.5 mile run. No business center, but management kindly printed a document I needed for work. Breakfast is minimal; carbs and apples. But the New York bagels were authentic and delicious! The staff was very professional. At this price, I would certainly stay again.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I recently moved to the west coast of Florida and came back to visit family. It was great to see family again, and my stay at the Gateway motel was just as great. The staff at the desk were courteous and the friendly maintenance men helped with my luggage. The room was spotless, and the bed was comfortable. The server in the breakfast room during the weekend was a little odd...but, all in all I would highly recommend the Gateway to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family