Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hudson river the main house beautiful grounds buttermilk falls farm animals chickens property fireplace weekend cottage nyc pond accommodations henry robes wineries
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2018

There is no doubt the grounds are absolutely lovely and breakfast served each morning was outstanding. Our biggest disappointment was that we rented a cabin, think it was Toby's Pet, because we brought our dog along and this was a pet friendly cabin. The bedroom and bathroom are on the second floor and the only way up was a very narrow, very shallow steps, winding staircase that was treacherous. It was so unpleasant that we left a day early. The trains are incessant across the Hudson River and the blast the horn when in the vicinity. Cannot sleep with open windows due to the train noise.

Room tip: If you are renting a separate cabin, make sure to ask about the staircase and avoid Toby's Pet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DrChina
Reviewed 11 September 2018

My sister-in-law and I experienced an overnight stay and spa treatment at Buttermilk Falls Inn. We stayed in the Juniper room, a suite with a king size bed, private balcony with a sitting area, gas fireplace, and jetted bathtub. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. Robes were provided for our use. The only negatives--somewhat confusing television operation and no shades on an upper window over the balcony which let in early morning light. The included breakfast was yummy as was the afternoon tea with small pastries. We had some opportunity to walk the grounds and see the animals and waterfall. We ate lunch and dinner in Henry's which offered delicious food but somewhat slow service. The spa contained an indoor pool, sauna, and steam room and our treatments were wonderful. We were most impressed with the personnel we encountered at the inn, restaurant, and spa who were all very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Everyone went out of their way to meet our needs and make sure our stay was enjoyable.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank shopgirl55
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We rent an entire house on the grounds and follow a short path to the main inn.
It’s private and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
The breakfast and afternoon tea are very good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Visited for a night prior to a college reunion. Beautiful facility - check in was a breeze and their directions were clear. Concierge was friendly and welcoming and explained the property well. There's a small shop in the basement.

The room, Cottage Rose, was quaint and just a little noisy from the hallway (mostly creaks from people walking by in the morning - it was at the top of the stairs). The complimentary branded water bottles were a great touch! Wifi worked pretty well. The map of the grounds was helpful as we walked around a bit to see the animals. There could have been some more outlets by the bed for plugs, but it wasn't that bad.

Bathroom was a smidge small - not enough sink space for 2 medium sized toiletry bags - I kept mine outside on a separate dresser. Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap, lotion) were locally-made and honey-based and smelled wonderful! Bathroom was a step-in tub/shower combo. The faucet was a little hard to figure out, but no biggie once my husband got it.

Breakfast was hearty - you could order a hot cooked-to-order item from the blackboard and there was also many buffet items, including a variety of breads, cereals, cold cuts, juices, coffee, and tea.

Didn't use the spa facilities as we didn't have much time, but the pool looked inviting. We also did a short walk to Buttermilk Falls. Dinner at Henry's at the Farm was amazing (with excellent service)! Would definitely recommend as a quiet, relaxing getaway from the concrete jungle!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018

The spa treatments were amazing. Both Dana Maria and Kara were fantastic. Their professionalism, experience and just their overall friendliness was great. The only sad thing about the spa was the "communal" changing room.

Henry's Restaurant was absolutely fantastic! The wait staff was friendly and made you feel at home. The meals themselves were very delicious!

I was disappointed with the inn. I was told they'd help me with my luggage, given a map and then dismissed with no help. I was in the Maynor Flat and walked up a set of stairs that hadn't been swept in months. I was navigating cobwebs! Stairs should be kept clean especially if they are being used by guests. There were instructions etched on the door on how to open, close and "jimmy" the door in order to make it work. The room across from the flat had the same instructions. Please fix the lock!

The TV remotes did not work properly. The staff attempted, even changed the batteries upon suggestion. In the end they still didn’t work.

Other than making the bed and replacing the towels, I don't think the bathroom was cleaned. The garbage by the toilet wasn't removed, the toilet tissue wasn't replaced, and I don't think the floor was swept or washed. As for the shower, please clean the window as no one wants to see cobwebs and the remains of an insect.

I waited almost 15-20 minutes at breakfast before staff acknowledged me. Please work on their greetings and how they should interact with your guests. Some niceties go a long way! Otherwise, breakfast was delicious.

Lastly, I went to the front desk about early checkout and how it was handled. I also asked if I could possibly have something to take with me in the morning for breakfast. I was told to just drop my key on the desk and maybe we could give you a stale bagel or something. NO THANK YOU!

• Trip type: Travelled solo