US$116
US$181
US$159
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$178/night.

Americas Best Value Inn(Central Valley)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Warwick Motel(Warwick)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$99
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point(Fort Montgomery)(Great Value!)
US$145
FairBridge Inn & Suites(Highland Falls)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$100
Arrow Park(Monroe)
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I truly appreciated our stay: the conversations, breakfasts, the room, the amenities, and the swing by the pond. Caren House is truly a GEM. This 18th century farmhouse is well maintained, from the property, to the exterior of the house, as well as the inside. The service we received was great, with a pleasant friendly environment.

Anyone driving through the state of New York (Munro/Woodbury), and requiring a room for one of more nights, should give Caren House Bed & Breakfast a try. The same goes for my fellow Canadian travelers, OR anyone wishing to do shopping at the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, or Manhattan Island.

Carmen and Joan will look after your needs, and answer your questions.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert F
Reviewed 8 August 2009

I have stayed with Joan and Carmen twice. Not only have they waited up for me to see that I have arrived safely, they gave me some juice or tea when I came in. All of the food is homemade, and really yummy!! The second time I stayed with them, I discovered that I had gotten a flat tire on the highway the night before, and the tire was completely dead. I asked Carmen to help me change it, and not only did he change the tire himself, he also called his friend at a local garage to find a replacement tire for me!! NOT ONLY THAT, Joan drove me to the local outlets, Woodbury Commons, while Carmen's mechanic changed out the tire. Four hours later, Joan kindly picked me up from the outlets and drove me to the garage and stayed to make sure everything was fine. The mechanic changed all four tires for a fantastic price (I needed to get three more new ones anyway, I hadn't changed them in 6 years) Then, Joan and Carmen helped me re-pack my car trunk before they sent me on my way with good wishes. What wonderful people they are. The Caren House is a quiet facility, but the real gems are the owners!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank aslan247
Reviewed 19 November 2008

I've just returned from a shopping trip to Woodbury and I stayed at Caren B&B for 4 nights (yes, it was a loong shopping trip!) I must say, however, that the biggest surprise was the B&B. It's a lovely 18th century house run by a friendly couple, Joan and Carmen. What was so special about it was the feeling that one has there of not being really in a hotel, but in a family home, with the privacy of a hotel.

Our room was spacious and clean and the same can be said about the bathroom (which serves two bedrooms), but because we were the only ones there, we had it for ourselves. The beds were lovely and comfortable and even though there were no amenities in the bedroom, we could use the kitchen downstairs and there was a communal TV room.

The breakfast was continental style and they would bake something fresh every morning or bring bagels and bread from a nearby bakery. I am sure that if you asked in advance they would cook you a hot breaksfast as well.

As for transportation, the owners offer a ride to the mall for a small fee. However, I found it much easier to use the local taxi services which were cheap and very friendly. The owners either call the service or let you use their phone, in case you don't have one.

Now, if you're really lucky enough to be there when Carmen makes his beef and vegetable soup, don't miss it! It's the perfect meal after a long day shopping.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank p c
Reviewed 11 August 2008

Planning a shopping trip to Woodbury Commons, my husband and I thought we would save some money by staying in nearby Monroe instead of NYC. We have never stayed at a B&B before and after some friendly email correspondence with the owners, we decided to give B&B a try. We stayed 2 nights and were the only guests at the time. However, of the 3 rooms, we were not given a room with an ensuite bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom nextdoor was clean and spacious. We were particularly anticipating a hearty breakfast, but were disappointed with our choice of cereal, bananas and muffins our first morning. The second morning we had some good bagels and cinnamon coffee-cake. We had expected a hot breakfast- even just simply eggs and maybe some bacon or sausage. There was a common room where we were free to lounge and watch satellite TV. The owners recommended the nearby Captain's Table for dinner, and we found it a little dingy and not particularly good. We chose this location mainly because it was only about a 5-10min drive to Woodbury Commons but now know that there is also Hampton Inn located even closer.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple