US$116
US$181
US$159
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$176/night.

Americas Best Value Inn(Central Valley)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$99
  • Pool
Arrow Park(Monroe)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We (mom, dad, two kids) visited Joan and Carmen in March 2014. We all felt at home immediately. This is a small property with just three nicely decorated rooms. Everything is well maintained, the bathrooms are sparkling clean. They prepared the generous breakfast exactly to our liking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
carenbb, Owner at The Caren House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

We would like to thank our guests for a lovely review. We enjoyed having your family visit with us.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I truly enjoyed our experience staying with Joan and Carmen. Our 5th Anniversary weekend getaway centered on "leaf peeping" and a climb up Bear Mountain. The Caren House was a perfect hub - close to everything, delicious home-made breakfast, super-clean room, and friendly hosts. It was affordable - we definitely felt we got our money's worth.

Only 10 miles or so from Bear Mountain - we also found a great restaurant very close by. The Black Forrest Mill served us a very authentic German meal in a cozy setting. 100% yum and 100% fun - you haven't really heard Pink Floyd until you hear it played by an accordionist in lederhosen.

The Caren House was the center of a weekend we won't forget.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Markler
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Joan and Carmen run an excellent B&B - comfortable bed, super clean bathroom, generous breakfast. Most important, however, is that they immediately make you feel at home from the easy welcome to the kind good bye - even going so far as to invite me to join their family bbq.

Room Tip: I had the queen room which has an en suite bathroom - a nice feature.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I don't want to harm these people, but I think that one should know what to expect when making a reservation. .We were disappointed in the Caren House. We arrived in the evening and were told that no one would be available to make breakfast in the morning, "would we mind fixing ourselves some cereal?" Our hostess did make some coffee cake and set out strawberries and banana for the cereal. We stayed two nights, although we considered leaving after the first night, but of course she wasn't around to discuss this possibility. When we returned the second night late, the bed had not been made up and there was no effort to freshen the room. Granted, this room didn't cost us any more than a motel, but even in a motel, there is room service during the day. The house is just a few minutes drive from the outlet mall and I guess people generally go there and the host will provide a ride. I understand that the husband usually makes breakfast, but he was laid up with surgery on his leg from which he hadn't recovered. The second morning we were served a simple American breakfast of eggs and bacon. If it were I, I would have arranged for someone to come in on the Saturday when the hostess was busy to take care of breakfast and making up the rooms. All three rooms were occupied. The walls are thin and noise was a problem. We heard our neighbor snore all through the first night and the family having dinner together the night we arrived.

Room Tip: The room with its own bath is next to another room. One of the rooms that shares the bath is next to the bath.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank contradancer
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Wonderful accomodations, wonderful people, wonderful stay! I would recommend this place to anyone I knew and loved!
I came to attend a Dr. Vasant Lad week long seminar at the Ananda Ashram which had no rooms left, much to my benefit. It was in the high 90's and my fellow Ayurveda devotees were a bit less comfortable at the Ashram in smaller rooms with only fans while I had the Blessing of a cooler and larger room just 2 miles away.
The grounds were beautiful, peaceful and inviting, as were the hosts, Carmen and Joan. Come! Stay! Enjoy!
Kim