James Motel
US$249
Hotels.com
Americas Best Value Inn(Central Valley)
US$90
US$113
US$95
Warwick Motel(Warwick)
US$99
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point(Fort Montgomery)(Great Value!)
US$143
FairBridge Inn & Suites(Highland Falls)
US$89
West Point Motel(Highland Falls)
US$120
Cadet Motel(Cornwall)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew ownerscoffee makerroom was cleanwoodbury common outletsworking hardfew monthsprevious ownersbring my dogwe've stayedquick checkspartan racesmall refrigeratorplenty of hot waterowners and staffwill stay there againreasonable priceafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Very wonderful place to stay. I was waiting for my apartment to get ready and needed a few months in between. The owners allowed me to bring my dog my car and my motorcycle. The owners are very wonderful people and I would recommend anyone in the area should stay at James Motel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I had to stay for a month because I was waiting for my apartment to get ready for move in. The people that run this motel, Ravi and MJ are very nice and I felt comfortable and at home. They allowed me to bring my dog to stay, which was very important for me. My boyfriend and I have 2 cars and 2 motorcycles and they had no problem with us parking there for the entire month. I had a very good experience. The rooms were very clean, they have Wi-Fi and cable, and the bed was comfortable. My sister also stayed in another room for a week when she came up to visit from FL. Price is very affordable!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We are kind of regulars at the James Hotel as my husband and I own a catering business that sometimes requires us to stay in the area overnight. It is conveniently located, clean and inexpensive.The new owners are extremely welcoming and are truly working hard to make constant repairs and upgrades to the hotel that was once in terrible shape by previous owners. It's not the Hyatt or Holiday Inn...at a third of the cost of those hotels it should not be compared. It is however, a clean place to lay your head with all the room amenities that other hotels offer (coffee maker, microwave, new furniture, blow dryer, shampoo etc.). This is the kind of place I root for! Mom and Pop, working hard to make something great, and we are always happy to give them our business.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I give this young couple a B for effort in trying to get this rundown motel back on its feet. They have started with a shiny coat of paint and redecorated bathrooms, but it's clear they are doing the work themselves and don't have a lot of experience. The paint can't hide the overall disrepair. That being said, the owners are very helpful and accommodating and they know what they're up against, so if you ask for help (like when our TV didn't work after we got in at 10:30 p.m.), they are more than happy to come to your aid. This was all OK for the one night we spent there; I wouldn't recommend this for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

This is a difficult review to write. So many pros & cons.
Chose to stay here after reading previous reviews.
My companion & I & our two dogs visited the WOODSTOCK Museum, Paul Jr Designs & Orange County Choppers, all in the area.
This place is dog friendly which is a must for us. We don't board our dogs, we take them with us.
A young couple own this small motel & I spoke to the wife on the phone to communicate that I was traveling with two dogs and I requested an end unit room which was waiting when we arrived.
The room has been recently remodeled. It contains all new appliances including flat screen tv (100 + channels) , microwave & college fridge.
The room also has a large desk which we was very helpful to our needs & two large over stuffed chairs. Twin double beds with mattresses that were a little on the soft side if you have back issues like me but they were comfortable and clean.
The room over all was very clean. Not immaculate by any means but clean.
As busy as the main road is it was remarkably quiet here. We heard little or no traffic.
We did hear our neighbors stomping around upstairs both nights. Something I've come to expect in this scenario when we stay on the first floor with the dogs. It's annoying but it doesn't last long.
The thing that bothered me was the detail work in the room. It's pretty obvious that the owners were in a rush to get these rooms ready to rent to create their necessary cash flow. I get it. They aren't wealthy. But the work is very sloppy. I mean the paint job is very amateurish and there are unfinished areas. The door to the room doesn't fit properly in the frame with light shining through on all sides. The door knob needs a plate around it as you can see into the room from outside. This will be a major problem in the winter. The draft will be ridiculous. My intention here is to keep my review extremely honest so both future guests and the owners know "What's what."
The bad remodeling job aside there are more positives to point out. No problems with the toilet. Flushed strong. Great water pressure in shower and plenty of hot water. The shower stall is VERY small. Reminded me of a VERY small shower in Sicily that you couldn't turn around in. If you dropped the soap you had to step out of the shower to pick it up. This shower wasn't as small but it was a close second. The grounds were expansive lawn which were great for walking our dogs and long and wide enough to play frisbee with my dog. There are many places to eat within walking distance and some that deliver. The owners waved any surcharge for the dogs which shows their kindness and love of dogs themselves. I spoke at length with the wife and she is a very pleasant young woman. I spoke briefly with the husband and I would have spoke longer but he always had a cigarette in his mouth which I find offensive and unprofessional. I don't want it near me. After weighing all the pros and cons I would absolutely stay here again. Every room was occupied when we were here so the young owners seem to be doing well. When business slows down they need to address the sloppy renovations. I wish them much success in the future and I sincerely thank them for their kindness during our stay. ps the a/c unit is beat up and ancient but it worked excellent

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank madtat
Madhavi J, Owner at James Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your direct and genuine comments. We really appreciated the feedback. Rest assured we will be looking into the comment you have made about your experience with our staff. Your comments are taken seriously and we will take steps to make the guest experience even better. We look forward to having you visit with us again soon!