“Recent Stay”
Review of Sole East Beach

Sole East Beach
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Montauk
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I just returned from our annual trek to Montauk. We stayed at the Sole located just across the beach.The best feature of this motel is its perfect location to the beach and to the Main Street shops The service is very pedestrian and there are not many perks or frills. If you stay during the weekday prices are reasonable, but, if you stay there on the weekend the rates are quite high as compared with what you get in exchange.Buyer Beware!!

There is ample parking and for shopping and eating/ drinking you are literally steps from the Sole. Keep that in mind. All in all this place is comfortable but there is no onsite restaurant or pool. There is another larger Sole Resort over by Fort Pond which has much better rooms and facilities. They have a shuttle to the beach. If you want to be near the beach and stores I'd recommend a weekday stay.. Remember, prices on the East End during August are high so if you are lodging with a family watch your wallet! gk

Room Tip: You want to get a room on the lower level. otherwise you're dealing with steps up. There is no e...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I was skeptical upon arrival due to some of the reviews. Happily surprised to find a clean 2 queen room with a nice modern shower and out of the bathroom sink. Small fridge, sitting area added to the room. Stones throw from the beach and heart of town. One thing, don't really expect to get a good nights sleep in any hotel in that area of Montauk, Sole East beach included. Loud people lurk and can be very inconsiderate.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

i'm tommy from CT who is 54 years old. I have family in Long Island where I've vacationed once a year for the last 41 years. I have two daughters who I bring, and for the last six years, we've been staying at sole east on the beach in Montauk. Last year we clogged up the toilet, the manager came within 15 minutes from Sole east resort to unclog it. This year we locked our keys in the room, with in 10 minutes the manager from the resort came to get us back in our room. This year for our family has been a very difficult year. The future is uncertain. There's a girl whose name is Kristina who works at the front desk at Sole east on the beach. Kristina is very nice, helpful, and very down to earth. She made our experience at Sole east one of the best vacations we ever have had. I will be staying at Sole east every summer when we vacation till the day I die. When my daughters and I see the green doors, we know we're on vacation. Thank you Kristina and the management at Sole east, we will never forget it. See you next summer!! :) :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I just returned from a stay at this hotel with my wife and two 10 month old twin daughters. In the middle of the night I felt a bulge in my ribs and grabbed an object and tossed it on the floor. Once I awoke I checked to see what it was it was a small container with marijuana inside of it. I brought this to the attention of the desk upon check out and they said they couldn’t do anything. They said a manager will be in touch. No phone call or email returned. After a few days I had to reach out multiple times to speak to someone about this. The management lives out of state and does not reply. I spoke to the manager on site that had to play middle man in communicating with the owners who would not call me. They decided they weren’t going to do anything about it and didn’t take it seriously. Not only does it show they don’t care about their customers but also that the rooms are not properly cleaned. What if my daughters got a hold of that and put it in their mouth? What then? I might also expect this at a local cheap motel but not when a room costs $400/ night. I would expect clean sheets and a management team that actually cares about people. I would advise to stay away from this place due to the dirtiness and terrible customer service. Keep your young children away from this place.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation while we were on the beach. It is super close, across the street, from the beach and close to town. Staff is very helpful and the room is clean and relatively modern. A great bonus is that you can use the sister resort Sole East, with all it's amenities, pool and resort. Overall a good place to stay if your in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family