“Dinner”

Ranked #7 of 37 Restaurants in Montgomery
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Description: The Cauldron has been serving the Hudson Valley region for over 30yrs as a Coletta Family business. We offer Home-made pasta, breads, soups & artesian pizza's!!! Daily specails avaiable & Hudson Valley's ONLY Oxygen Bar. On/off site catering avaiable.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We went there for dinner on a Thursday night. Very attentive and pleasant staff. Food was good. Would recommend.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We decided to stop in for dinner on a Saturday night around 6: pm.
It was very difficult opening & especially closing the front door when we arrived & then to find the Men’s rest room door would not close / lock either. A waitress saw we were having a hard time closing the main door behind us, so she offered to help & said said she was use to closing this door. We found out later that the two doors have been like this awhile. I could not understand why they would be left unfixed.
Anyway, my wife & I both enjoyed our meals. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere & was very cozy. Our waitress was very friendly & helpful also. We would definitely return in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Excellent food! The free Bruschetta is the best I ever had, so Fresh. The Mussel appetizer was wonderful could have made a meal of it, must dip the bread (which was also extremely good) in the broth. No complaints, Homemade Fettucine and Lasagne, chicken so tender. Want to try everything on the Menu. Even the wine was very good, it came from a tap, never experienced that before, the waitress said it is like opening a new bottle every time.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. Great atmosphere and the food is the best there is. Definitely come and check this place out!

Reviewed 1 April 2017

Montgomery, NY actually have quite a few good restaurants. The Cauldron is definitely among the best in terms of total package - food, service, atmosphere.

I had never heard of the Cauldron - though apparently it's been around for a decade - till I read about it as one of the restaurants Hudson Valley Magazine chose as the top pizza joints in the Mid-Hudson Valley - we're talking Albany down to Lower Westchester.

Our original thought was... well... let's go and try the pizza. When we checked out their website and found that they offered a Saturday Happy Hour from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with both drink specials and appetizer specials we said... "EVEN BETTER!"

I knew when we walked into the place we had a winner. Sinatra was playing! The bar was surprisingly upscale - all decked out in red... a NYC vibe actually. (And same with the restaurant seating area.) A pretty place!

Service is exceedingly friendly and accommodating - which makes sense because they're a family owned business which has its roots going back many decades to when the present owner's grandparents ran the restaurant under another name.

I'd call the bar service... stylish. Again... upscale kinda urban vibe. Presentation is respected as is quality and quantity. We drank beer (nice tap; we drank an IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery in CA) but some of our fellow happy hour guests were drinking cocktails and they came in the proper glassware with the proper garnish and just LOOKED delicious! (And I'm sure they were because the bar was top-shelf stocked.)

The appetizers were to DIE for! We're talking made by hand... with care... not your typical bar appetizers but rather what you'd expect to find offered off the menu of an upscale restaurant. (Check out their website; check out their "Happy Hour Menu" and you'll see what I mean.)

Oh... and while our original thought was to order pizza... we ended up ordering entrees. My entree: French friend lobster tail mac & cheese with shrimp and scallops - for $29! (And, yes... it tasted as good as it sounds... and it was a LARGE portion.)

Anyway... we'll be back. (Though it's a good 35 minutes from us.) Again... very friendly - and professional - service... and the bar crowd and our fellow diners were all as happy and outgoing as we were. Again... just a great vibe to go with the great food, service, and atmosphere.

Oooh! And almost forgot! AGAIN... we had ORIGINALLY come for the pizza because it's supposedly some of the best gourmet pizza around. While we didn't have it, I did see one couple munching on a "bar pie" and the pie sure LOOKED good!