“Home cooking at its finest!”
Review of Mavi Grill

Mavi Grill
Get food delivered
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Mount Sinai
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Experience the unique taste of Mavi Grill: Fine Turkish Cuisine. A blend of traditional Turkish and Mediterranean dishes, always fresh, and cooked to perfection. In a rush? Call in your order ahead of time and we will bring it to your car upon arrival! Want to celebrate a special event with family and friends? Book our dining room now!
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

Saw mavi grill advertised at my gym and I decided to pay it a visit. I was take. By surprise at first as the restaurant is off the beaten path and is situated inside a charming house. The interior was beautifully decorated-- glass tables with pottery on a shelf that is situated under the glass. As for the food--- terrific!! Homemade gyro (top 4 on the Island), filet minion shish kebab, bulgur rice, grilled pita, amazing hummus! Everything was just so fresh. They even prepare their own tahini!! Definitely a place no one should pass up!

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (77)

Reviewed 13 September 2016

I have gone to Mavi for lunch & also for Dinner Take Out.
The food is very good and the owners are friendly
It is not very fancy ... it is comfortable with great food and a nice calm atmosphere

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I love to go to a place that lives up to the TA ratings. Maki is such a place. The food was wonderful. We had the dinner for 2 at $56 was a bargain. We had to get a doggie bag. I usually pass on the stuffed grape leaves. These were the best I ever had. The apps sampler was just outstanding . The eggplant dip was so good. Again, I've had so many that were bitter, not here just bursting with flavor. Service was great. Note there is no alcohol served but several others BYOB. Since I will be there again soon, getting my wine chilled. Some of the best Med food I have had.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

This place is a hidden gem! I almost drove right by it. All the food is made to order. You feel that you are a quest at someone's home. I was with 3 other friends and all remarked on how did I find such a good restaurant? My answer was Trip Advisor! I said that out of 46 restaurants in Mt. Sinai, Mavi was ranked #1. One friend said that I am going to also write a review for Trip Advisor "since the ranking is well deserved!".

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I feel like I am in a cafe in Turkey. I love he authenticity and freshness of the food and they accommodate my requests graciously. Great healthy eating and you can BYOB without a fee. It's my favorite go to for take out and eat in. Lauren and her mom Nancy are so kind and accommodating. I am so lucky to live 5 minutes away but it is well with a trip.

Date of visit: July 2016