“Shared bites with our friends for a great breakfast sampling!”
Review of Woodnotes Grille

Woodnotes Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Woodnotes Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 21 October 2017

We were there for a business conference and had breakfast there each of the mornings during our 4-day stay and I loved the beautiful and soothing décor. We'd all try something and send samples around the table...YUMMY breakfast. Loved the omelet with the avocados and also the corned beef hash. Eggs benedict were great. Heads-up on the baked oatmeal that it is more like a bread pudding than your typical idea of oatmeal. They were also incredibly accommodating on special dietary requests among our group. The one and only reason this is not 5 star is because we had a couple of servers who were decidedly NOT 5 star like the food and décor.

Emerson07, General Manager at Woodnotes Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

What a great idea - that way you get to try everything! On your next visit be sure to try our $5 Happier Hour Specials. It’s another great way to experience a little of everything. Customer service is very important to us and we’ll address your comments with our staff. Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

My family decided to take a ride to enjoy the beautiful weather and found a great place to eat. You could eat inside or out the decor is so pretty fire place inside and out overlooking a stream . The service was top noch and so was the food . Beer and great wines are also . We order a cheese board and calamari for start. Dinner was just was outstanding , strip steaks , ribs and eggplant all were great. Coffee and cheesecake to finish . Will be going back The resturant is part of Emerson resort and spa.

Sometimes people think that we’re open only to the guests of the Emerson Resort & Spa. Thank you for helping us spread the word that we are open to the public. Please be sure to introduce yourself the next time you stop by so we can give you a big thank you in person.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We had a lovely overnight at The Emerson Resort and Spa last weekend. We were looking forward to trying out their new Woodnotes Grille and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a warm evening and we loved sitting out on the deck overlooking the stream and taking in the Catskill Mountain views. We chose the Pate Special appetizer which included several delicious condiments and mustards, cornichon, and toasty bruschetta. A Caesar salad with hearts of romaine was very tasty. And we loved the local Rondout Valley hamburger with handcut fries. I'm always impressed when a restaurant takes the time to make great fries! It says a lot about how much they care. We also really loved the ambiance and the service was excellent!

Emerson07, General Manager at Woodnotes Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

This is great - thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Streamside dining is a hit and I am happy you got to enjoy it. Come back and visit us again - please be sure to introduce yourself so I can thank you personally for the great review!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Vegetable omelet with crispy roasted potatoes for me and
fried eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast for my husband.

Emerson07, General Manager at Woodnotes Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and thank you for eating with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

As the President and Founder of a hospitality company that works with hotels, resorts, restaurants and entire cities both nationally and internationally, I wish I could say that Woodnotes Grille attained a level of consistency one would expect. Ironically, when the resort was re-opened after a fire at the original location across the road, I was hired as part of the consulting team for food and beverage.

My wife and I live close by to the resort, and have been there numerous times for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The view is lovely, the possibility of overlooking the rushing stream and the proximity to home are all positive factors.

The service team, as willing and friendly as they are, obviously lack training in the steps of service. Tonight's dinner was an example of inconsistency in both food and service.

The burger, which we have had several times, was requested medium-rare, more to the rare side with crispy fries. It came out well-done, with onions (usually cooked) that were barely cooked, meat that was densely packed and lacked juicyness and fries that were quite stale.

My server, although well-intentioned, was difficult to find during the service and it was obvious that the deck area was being neglected. My neighbors at the next table made the same comment to me. He apologized when he presented the check for not being more attentive. I was happy that my request to bring my thirsty dog some water was quickly honored once I sat down. That being said, it took me some time to get any one of the server's attention.

When I asked to speak to the manager, I was told that he was busy and would eventually come out. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait any longer and left.

Convenience, a beautiful outside setting are certainly appreciable. Inconsistency in both food and service makes one wonder whether it is worth the return with many other options in the area.

1  Thank Eric W
Emerson07, General Manager at Woodnotes Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for your honest feedback. We couldn’t agree more with you – Woodnotes is in a beautiful location but the quality of food and service are extremely important. I am sorry to hear that we disappointed you. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your experience further.
Greg