“Nice place small dance floor”

Inn at New Hyde Park
Ranked #5 of 106 Restaurants in New Hyde Park
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South 2nd & South 3rd Streets
Transit: Within walking distance from the New Hyde Park station on the Long Island Rail Road.
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is a really nice place to host an event. Recently attended a wedding and the cocktail hour was fabulous, but the main room was very small. The dance floor was very small and nothing to rave about the main course. Good sound in the room and service was fast. Really good option for an event if it's a small group.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Very good food and venue. I went to many events here and none of them disappointed me...I would not hesitate to give it a try.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I can't say enough! Beautiful place. The wedding was very elegant. The food was excellent from the moment everything started. Beautifully designed.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

Just attended a wedding here, first time ever at this venue. It was wonderful. The facility, staff, food, grounds, etc. I have been to many weddings on LI, but this place topped them all. A team was assigned to the bridal party for the day, saw to all their needs. The Bridal suite was glamorous,Cocktails were held in the Tuscany room, a lovely setting, large enough for the crowd and ALL the food including the Shellfish boat jammed with clams,oysters,shrimp on a bed of ice! The ballroom was beautiful, spacious, 2 large bars at each end, large dance floor, never felt crowded (270 guests). Staff was attentive without being intrusive. I honestly can't say enough good things about it. Exceptional!

Reviewed 19 November 2015

I attended an event this past weekend. Service was beyond awful. Chris apologized in the end saying they were short-staffed but training needs to be done across the board here. From presentation, serving, clearing, the works. I know this place is pricey as I considered it for my wedding last year. Thank goodness I didn't select this place as I would've been sorely disappointed and would've requested a refund.
I also submitted this review on theknot and received an email from theknot this morning to inform me The Inn is disputing my review and "has requested its removal because they feel that you may have reviewed the wrong vendor." No, no... I was at your venue... and it was awful!

3  Thank Lorin B