“I drive to this Road every chance I get!”
Review of Karma Road

Karma Road
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in New Paltz
Reviewed 13 October 2016

I am an Omnivore, but everything I have had at Karma Road is so full of flavor and incredibly satisfying. Once a year I attend a week long retreat in a nearby town. The retreat does not provide breakfast...so for my friends and I....we trek to Karma Road EVERY day we are there. Some of the most recently memorable dishes, the Vegan Reuben, the Hybrid Burrito (SO good), the lentil soup, the sweet potato biscuits...wish they were local to my area. You New Paltzians are LUCKY LUCKY people...not only is your town adorable, but you have one of the best vegan restaurants I have ever been to!

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Thanks for the nice review, Amy!
So glad you found us....see you again before long, I hope.
S

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

I came here with my vegetarian daughter last weekend while visiting SUNY New Paltz. She was absolutely delighted to be at a completely vegan restaurant. I was happy that everything was delicious and the staff friendly.

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a nice review, Jen,
I hope we get to serve you and your daughter again before long.
I wonder if you'd answer a question for me, though. If the provisions were good and the service as well, was there something that cost us that one star (20% of a five star rating)? If so, knowing what it was would help us to address it so that in the future were going exactally what pleases our wonderful customers.
While I'm not of fan of this particular avenue of social media, lots of people draw their conclusions about businesses based on the star system. so we value every star and half star.
thank you very much!
S

Reviewed 8 October 2016

I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Karma Road!! It's not always easy being vegan, but it's wonderful to have a nice array of options in New Paltz, Karma Road being one of the better ones! I discovered this place early on when I first moved here about two years ago, and I think either one of their juices or their blueberry chocolate chip muffins were the first things I tried there and both fabulous. I love their juices, especially on a really hot day when you just need something super refreshing. Their muffins are out of this world, and their vegan chocolate cake is good too. My typical order there though is soup and a sweet potato biscuit. They have soups that usually change daily, and I've yet to have one I didn't love. And the sweet potato biscuit is the perfect match regardless of the soup flavor, they're just unbelievably good.

I will be honest and say that one time I was there (only one of the many, many times I've beent there) and had a sandwich that I thought was just okay. I really can't remember the particular sandwich but it was on normal bread slices and I think had avocado and shredded carrots, among other things. And it wasn't bad, but wasn't anything special either. BUT that being said, really the only even remote "issue" I've had with this place, it's really an awesome establishment overall and I strongly recommend anyone to check it out, vegan or not. I was going here for long before I actually transitioned to a vegan diet. *Though I'll admit having this restaurant (and some great vegan chocolates around the corner) accessible to me definitely helped ease the process.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

Karma Road is a great little place off Main Street. There are a a couple of tables inside, and a few more out; a lot of people take out food.

The selections here are all organic, vegan, and very tasty. Smoothies, salads, soups, sandwiches (raw pizza gets special kudos) are all quite good. The prices are not cheap, so don't be surprised when you get rung up and the total is a bit more than you expected.

The staff is **incredibly** friendly and helpful. I'm astounded that they are able to keep what appear to be genuine smiles through the most slammed lunch-hour rush.

seth b, Owner at Karma Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Thanks for the nice review, JERGH. Really glad you like the food and that the smiles prevail. Part of what makes that work (even when we're slammed) is that we only hire people who LOVE people and with whom we want to spend lots of time. Noones perfect but it's usually a good fit.
I don't mean to nitpick but I'm curious about your saying not to be supposed when you get rung up. Our menu boards, our paper and laminated
Menus and our deli case signs all post prices, as do our prepacked drinks, desserts and snacks. This said, I don't understand why anyone would be surprised. Regarding the prices, remember that almost all of our ingredients are organic and as such cost us More (sometimes a lot more). Our customers know that it's worth it and that's why we operate as an organic establishment. We would make a lot more money and have no complaints if we chose to abandon our conviction to serve organic foods.
If this makes sense to you, and if you did not mean to imply that we charge more than our provisions are worth, I would appreciate it if you'd consider giving us back that last star.
If not, so glad to have you as a customer and we look forward to serving you again soon.
Seth

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

I visited Karma Road during my holiday in New York, we were on our way home from a road trip to the Woodstock Animal Sanctuary.
I ordered a hot chocolate, a tofu scramble burrito and also grabbed a peanut butter rice krispy treat The food was one of my favourite meals during my time in New York and even after visiting many fancy vegan restaurants there in the city...many of them didn't compete with the humble little Karma Road!!
10/10 from me and I 100% recommend this place to other people visiting the area!

The girls behind the counter had amazing customer service too!
Thanks Karma Road

Been to Karma Road? Share your experiences!