Lowest prices for your stay
US$150
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$150
Free cancellation until 16/10/22
Lol.travel
US$129
Hotels.comUS$150
PricelineUS$150
ZenHotels.comUS$157
All reviews would stay here again convenient location mini fridge main street colleen shampoo hike
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2022

I stay here once a month to hike in the nearby Catskills. This motel is clean, the staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable, bathrooms are well appointed, and the price is just right. A great motel.

Date of stay: February 2022
Gail Schaller, Guest Services / Front Office at Americas Best Value Inn New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2022

Thank you J2281YUhenryd, for your review, rating and loyalty!!! It is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us and find us to be clean with a friendly staff, comfortable rooms and reasonable rates. Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 October 2021

Everyone who works there is extremely friendly. They will help you out with a smile on their face.

The cleaning staff was exceptional. Everything in the lobby as well as the room was sparkling. They aim to please all who stay there. I was extremely impressed by the service and cleanliness of this place.

Room tip: The full size mattresses were a little small. I would get a room with a king size bed.
Date of stay: October 2021
Gail Schaller, Guest Services / Front Office at Americas Best Value Inn New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2021

Thank you StephenfG3507VP, for your review and rating! We sincerely appreciate it. We are so happy to hear that everything was to your liking, including the staff members and the cleanliness of our hotel. We will be sure to share this review with our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future. Have a happy holiday season!

Reviewed 13 August 2021

We were at this hotel from 08/09-08/13/2021. We had to travel unexpectedly. We saw this hotel on line and decided to give it a try, I called the hotel directly and spoke to Colleen. Let me say she was so pleasant and was able to answer my questions and never made me feel rushed. We got to the hotel and guess what? Colleen was on duty. What a pleasure to meet her in person and she was just as nice and professional as on the phone. We went to our room and I must say I was impressed. First of all the room was very clean including the bathroom. Wonders of wonders, the exhaust fan worked in the bathroom!! When we showered it drained so we were not standing in water. It was quiet at night. We would definitely stay here again. We had breakfast at Russo's Deli on main street. It was very good. Thanks for a great stay!

Date of stay: August 2021
Gail Schaller, Guest Services / Front Office at Americas Best Value Inn New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Sandra, thank you so much for your sincere review & rating! We appreciate. We will be sure to share this one with Colleen. We are pleased to hear that she was able to answer the questions you needed answered and went the extra mile to treat you as a valued guest. She is truly a gem. Thank you for letting us know that your room was cleaned to your standards, the exhaust fan worked and the tub drained correctly. These are the things we strive for. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to being of service to you in the not so distant future. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2021

This hotel is less than 2 miles from an attraction we planned to see the following morning, so the location was perfect for us. Clean room, recently redecorated/painted, great bed, jacuzzi jets in the (one-person) tub, mini microwave and mini fridge, and A/C that worked! Yay! And for an affordable price.

Some drawbacks which might affect others' decision to stay here--re amenities, only shampoo, conditioner and bar soap. So if you need lotion or anything else, bring it with you. Very few electrical outlets. We managed, but for today's electronic-dependent population, it was a minor inconvenience. No elevator, but only two floors.

If we're ever back through this area in the future, we would stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2021
Gail Schaller, Guest Services / Front Office at Americas Best Value Inn New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Thank you Sheryl, for your review and rating! We appreciate it. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for mentioning the clean room, renovation to room, mini microwave/fridge, affordable rate and working A/C unit. We would also like to thank you for informing future guest of the ammenities we offer here. This helps them in packing their toiletry bag. We have passed on your suggestion of more electrical outlets, to our maintenance engineer. Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 December 2020

I stayed at this hotel for one week because the company I worked had made a reservation in this disgusting unprofessional hotel . The people who work there were pretty rude, unfriendly and racist. They have the worst and bad customer service I hove ever encountered in my life. I’ve also worked for the hospitality industry before and I always remember listening to the customer first. I don’t mean a customer is always right but in my case, I was 100% right. I left my luggage in the morning before I go to work and told the lady at the front desk to hold a luggage for me. I even requested her once i arrive later in the evening, I will pick the luggage from the front desk and go back to my home. She took my luggage and she said yes we can hold it for you. Later I arrived after 7 PM at the hotel to pick up my luggage but the lady said she doesn’t have a key to the luggage storage. I kindly ask her I can go ahead and wait for you to find the key, open the storage and give me my luggage. She told me she won’t be opening the storage where my luggage is until next morning. I told her that I had a family emergency and I don’t have a hotel room for tonight. I already checked out this morning and I ask the lady at the front desk to hold the luggage for me. She said whoever worked in the morning, she’s the only one who has a key to the storage room and unfortunately she won’t be able to open the storage room to give me back my luggage until then next morning. What kind of service is this? How can they hold my luggage? The lady name is “CYNTHIA” who was working in the evening shift had the most horrible attitude towards the customer. If I were to be a different person, they could have Sued this hotel easily. I had to call my company to call the lady at the front desk because I could not speak to her. Cynthia did not want to listen to me and kept on telling me that I have to wait until tomorrow morning to get my luggage. When my company manager called the lady Cynthia, my manager was also told the same thing that the lady who was working at the front desk in the morning has the key to the storage and she has “ life”so she cannot come back to the hotel to open the luggage room for my luggage. So the front Desk lady has a life, what about customer life? what about customer family? what about customer emergency that I have to go back to my home that night? What if I had flight to catch, what if I had hospital to make it. The most annoying thing that happened to me was Cynthia did not want to listen. She kept on saying that they had the life and just to get my luggage out from the closet, they cannot come back to the hotel and open the door which does not make sense at all. Thankfully, my company manager was able to book the hotel room for one more night which I had to pay from my pocket, Also, I have to pay car rental, gas, tools because my company won’t be paying for the car expenses. I had to stay in this hotel one more night just to get my luggage out of the closet because the lady was not there until tomorrow morning. The next morning when I woke up at 7:30, I went straight to the front desk and another lady was there Who had equally the worst attitude. Mind you, I was the customer there. These ladies get paid because I including other customer like me who come there and paid their hard earned money for this hotel.This lady was again trying to explain to me that It was my fault not theirs . This is the reason I highly won’t recommend anyone to stay at this property. Cynthia, if you’re reading this , please try to listen to the customer first before you speak up. Learn how to provide good customer service because you are in the hospitality industry. You are getting paid because you are supposed to provide Friendly service to the customer not by arguing with the customer.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Gail Schaller, Sales at Americas Best Value Inn New Paltz, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2020

Hello Mr. Esquivel and thank you for your review and rating! We accept both positive and negative feedback, as this helps us to continue providing our customers with the things they like most about us, while working on enhancing or sometimes even changing the things our guest share with us that need improvement. So thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write us about your experience when staying with us. It is appreciated. First let me say that we apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered with our hotel staff, the fact that we do not offer a secure place for luggage storage and our lost and found policy on items of value. When a guest checks out (as you and your roommate did on December 8, 2020) if there are any items left in the room which a guest may have forgotten and it is of a valuable nature (in your case it was your backpack, laundry supplies & food) the housekeeper cleaning your room will notify the manager in charge of lost and found. That member of management will remove the items from the room and lock them in the office and notify the front desk agent. This way if the guest calls, they are aware that the items are safe and may be retrieved in the morning. Unfortunately, Cynthia was correct in stating that the manager was the only one with a key, as we do not offer any type of storage for luggage here at our hotel. Being that the items you left in the room were of value, the manager in charge of lost and found became involved and removed the items from the room. Your belongings were then placed in a locked office, in which only that manager has the key for. This was done because we do not offer a secure location for luggage storage. That manager was able to retrieve your items for you in the morning after you informed her of who you were. We apologize for the miscommunication of our lost and found policy on valuable items. We will be sure to share your review with our staff members and address all staff members involved in your situation. This is a great training moment for us on the correct way in explaining policies in a professional manner. Again, thank you for your feedback. May you and your family have a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!!!