“Did not even make an effort to make it OK!”

Rodeway Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
New York City, New York
“Did not even make an effort to make it OK!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed in their top shelf room, It was a busy weekend, and so I had to pay the price. I had luke warm water, no juice as they promised in the morning, brown water, the water to the toilet keep running, no attention to any detail for a customer that was paying a premium for one of their "Suites", and the room had a smell.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gordi2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Halifax, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! My "non smoking" room smelled of ciggarette smoke. The water was brown, there were brown stains on the mattress (saw this after I ripped off all the sheets to check for bed bugs, thankfully there were none). There were holes in the wall, BLACK DEADLY mold in the bathroom and in the fridge. The heat/fan smelled as if it was on fire when used. 1978 console TV with 4 channels. My family booked three rooms here, as we were in town from MA for a funeral, my parents room had all of the above PLUS no smoke detector and an electrical plug that was ripped out of the wall with black soot all around, caught fire? My room had LIVE WIRES coming out of the above the bed lights. None of the light switches work, so the lamps had to be plugged into a different outlet and controlled manually. The phone did not work, my mom called me from the room next door and I head nothing... I knew it was here because I could hear her screaming my name (into the phone) thru the wall. There is a homeless man that wanders around the inside and outside of the hotel screaming at people "go to your room, the clows are going to get you" ??? Dumb staff, double charged my credit card so I got to spend my bereavement time fighting that. Way over priced! I would expect these things if camping, or for $50 a nite.. but NOT for the $140 we paid. I wouldnt even make my worst enemies stay in the dump! I came home sick, probably from breathing in black mold all weekend

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank ChrissyL98

Travellers are raving about these New Paltz hotels

Albany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

All I can say is at least there weren't bedbugs. Besides that there are no redeeming qualities. Bathroom had mold in it, the lamp had a torn lampshade, there was a muddy boot print on the floor and it seemed like most of the other people I saw staying there were bums and looked homeless. The audacity of this hotel to charge 164 a night is amazing. Do not stay unless truly desperate.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank adaires
westchester, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I don't even know where to begin. This place is horrible. I don't want to be mean, but you should avoid staying here at all costs. The website makes the motel look so nice, but when we arrived I was shocked. I asked for a king bed (which we paid for) but when i arrived they put me in a room with two double beds. When I went to the desk to ask for a king they told me they had no more but they would put me in a "suite". We got to the "suite" which looked no different then the room they orginally gave me and there was a smell which to me smelled like a gas leak. I went back to the front to complain and told the lady that there is a gas leak. She refused to make a phone call or go check herself. I then demanded I go back to the first room with the double beds and that they give me the rate for a double bed room, not a king. She told me since i booked online she could not give me some money back. Besides that, the room was so dirty that i was afraid to sleep in the bed. We drove 20 mins to walmart to buy blankets. I put the blankets over the pillow and bedspread while I slept that night. I am not one to complain...ever, but this place was HORRIBLE. They should be shut down.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trs85
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I am from NYC my family booked 2 nights at this inn to avoid Hurricane Irene, after the hurricane passed my parents decided to leave because the weather was looking better ( horrible mistake)
Half way home I realized that I left my macbook pro on the bed, we drove around the whole state for 6 hours trying to find a way back to the inn and get my laptop because i need it for school.
So we decided to call in and ask the employee to keep it safe at the front desk, the owner picked up. I explained my situation and EMPHASIZED that I was 100% sure the laptop was on the bed and begged him to go get it from the room and keep with safe at the front desk.
HE REFUSED TO DO SO, said it's not his job and told me to call back tomorrow morning when the housekeeping came and hung up. I called back several times, and RAISED HIS VOICE at me saying that he will not go check the room.
BUT THE DOOR TO MY ROOM WAS ONLY 3 DOORS DOWN.
Now I call this morning he hung up on me repeatedly, finally he picks up and said that there is nothing in the room and told me to not call again.

Isn't it odd that he refused to go into room 153 even though it was few doors down and he had no customers to take care of? He had access to all the rooms and couldnt have even just peaked into the room and got my laptop?
ISN'T it just common courtesy to help the customers that had stayed in the hotel?

NOT TO MENTION
he had an horrible attitude towards everyone that stayed here, i witnessed him raising his voice to a guest that asked for some clean towels and a roll of toilet paper. He interrogated the guest, asking her when she checked in, how many days she was staying, and why they didnt have anymore paper.

I am planning to file a stolen report to the police once there is access back to New Paltz. I'm a freshman in college now im completely devastated because I am 100% sure that the owner is holding my laptop.

Room Tip: To not get one. please.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#2 of 13 in Poughkeepsie
2.4 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!