“Could have done without the other guests...”

Rodeway Inn and Suites
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Although the official mail address is New Paltz, this property is not really in New Paltz, but out in the country between New Paltz and Poughkeepsie, which was perfect for us, as we were visiting family in Poughkeepsie. (10 minutes and $1.50 toll bridge away...)

When we checked in, the owner/operator of the property upgraded us (for free) from a room a with two queens to one with two queens and a pull out sofa, which worked out well, as we were traveling with two offspring of different genders, which allowed each to have their own bed. (Typically, the male offspring chooses to camp out on the floor rather than share a bed with the male parental unit, much to the chagrin of the male parental unit, but I digress...) [I suspect this upgrade was done to cluster all the guests in one part of the property in order to save energy.]

The room was clean and comfortable, and had complimentary shampoos (always a plus!). The free breakfast was very simple- coffee/juice, yogurt, pastries, toast, cereal, apples- nothing less than what I would eat at home.

The reason why I am only giving this property three stars were due to the other guests. I had to make a phone call while everyone was sleeping and sat in the bathroom to do so. That is where I saw them - Em, Bee, and the rest. Ants! Quite unexpected guests, especially in the dead of winter on a very cold subfreezing day with snow on the ground in New York. I did alert the owner upon checkout, who was shocked that I would see ants in winter, as they are typically guests only during warmer months.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I recently stayed here . It was a last minute decision so i didn't read reviews. This place is Great ! The owner Sunny is very helpful and accommodating ! The room was clean and large and very comfortable to be in ! There was a full shower / tub, large t.v. , the bed and bedding were wonderful ! In the morning;there was a continental breakfast ! All in all I liked it so much I stayed an extra night ! I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel !

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My boyfriend and I decided to take a quick getaway from noisy NYC and head up to New Paltz. On a scenic drive back we decided to stay in the area and happened to stumble upon this Hotel! The innkeeper was so welcoming even though we showed up right before the office was supposed to close. She took the time to check the room before we unpacked the car, even gave us suggestions on places for dinner. The room was quaint, neat and clean, what more could you ask for? The complimentary breakfast was just what we needed to start the day before we walked around to the shops in town- which are all super close. We would definitely come back. Great service at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017

I stayed one night. They accommodated me when I needed to check in early. They made it very evident that they would help if anything was needed. The room was immaculate and new. I would absolutely recommend this to everyone! 2 minutes off the NYS Thruway.The staff was very friendly.I normally get really grossed out when even thinking about staying in hotels but after walking in I felt comfortable. Everything was really clean.

Room Tip: quieter floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We love to visit Mohonk Mountain House every year, but really don't want to spend $400 a night to sleep there. Now we can have our tea on Mohonk's porch and sleep well too without breaking the bank. We had a lovely room for $125 a night that was clean and comfortable. All rooms are on the first floor too, a bonus. Please we had to cancel our first planned visit and the manager was kind enough to allow us to reschedule without penalty. We definitely plan to come back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
9.8 km away
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!