“Great family restaurant!”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Great place for family, wings were very good. Hamburger is probably the best one I've had in a long time. Hostess brought treasure box over for the kids to pick a toy. Only complaint I had was a boneless buffalo wings didn't taste great, to much breading. Waitress was very friendly, very happy with our meal overall.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We would give this place zero stars if we could. We were here for a wedding. The whole wedding party went out. One, they don't like people out of state. The bouncer started lecturing us on CT license laws, and how our IDs were not valid. He then started interrogating us on our license information. After that ordeal, further down the line, we were denied entry because we were not wearing appropriate clothing. We're not sure where a plain white T-shirt and shorts are not appropriate. There were plenty of people in plain shirts; so, it was a race issue. When we called next day, there was no manager on duty at 12:30 PM. After the second phone call, asking for the owner, the bartender hung up. After the third call, we got the host, and his explanation was that because this place was a private establishment, they could discriminate on who enters.

So, if you're planning on going here, call ahead to make sure you have the accepted forms of identification and what you can wear that night. Make sure you include your race, body type, and what you look like to get that approved also.

We thought we were beyond this, but I guess not at McGillicuddy's.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

On the positive side, the restaurant was clean and light. The food was ok. The wait staff was pleasant but incompetent. It took more than 1/2 hour to get our food, after waiting some time to order. No one ever came back to tell us why the delay, which would have been appreciated. And, then when my order arrived, it was missing the main ingredient. I asked the server why there was no avocado and he just looked at me, surprised. His manager was in the area and came over to tell us the kitchen had run out of avocado. That would have been nice to know, since that was half of the order. The Manager suggested he could make some substitutions, or decrease the bill. By this time, I was not prepared to wait, so I took him up on the offer to decrease the bill. When the bill came -- guess what? There was no credit for the missing half. I told the server and he said he would check with the manager. And, yes, they then finally reduced that meal by 50%. But, it all took so long. So, that was my first visit and my last visit.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I love going to McGillicuddy's. They have a full bar for those who like to drink and it's still kid friendly. Every time I bring my daughter she gets to pick a prize out of the treasure chest. In my opinion they have the best wings around. Wings is what this restaurant is known for. My recommendation would be to try the honey buffalo if you like a little spice or the parm. garlic. If your in town check this place out!

1  Thank Jlbttrfly7
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We have been here before. We spend June & Julyin New Paltz & each summer we go here, at least once.
This time we went on a Wednesday night for trivia night. Went with a friend & had fun.
We had drinks & appetizer since it was on the later side.
We have had lunch & dinner here several times & always enjoy the food.
The server was nice, friendly, & patient; as we took our time deciding what we wanted.
prices are good.