“Giant Crab Cakes!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

This place is an icon of Baltimore. It's was packed with people on a Saturday afternoon and I know why...the crab cakes and crab sandwiches. They were delicious!

Reviewed 19 September 2015

After attending a photographic exhibit at the library across the street, I stopped in for a quick dinner. I was quickly seated in a booth on a busy weeknight, and ordered a cola. My waitress (Kristin) gave me ample time to review the menu, and was there as soon as I was ready to order. My New England clam chowder was amazing. Thick and creamy, chunks of clams, and a smokey hint of bacon. The corned beef sandwich was a little chewy, but had a good flavor. Just the right amount of slices to be manageable. The French fries were crisp on the outside, and tender inside.
The sandwich was good, but would have been better if it had been less chewy. I will return to this restaurant,,, especially for the chowder.
P&G's atmosphere is a little dark, but lighting over the tables is good. The college crowd usually comes in later in the evenings.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

We stopped by for a Sunday lunch and were pleasantly surprised.
This is a restaurant with a bar not a bar with food.
Fried Calamari was crisp in a tasty batter and the Stuffed Potato Skins were piled high with Cheese and Bacon and crisp not burnt.
Seafood Salad with Seared Scallops, Calamari and Shrimp in a Balsamic sauce was very tasty, as was a Corned Beef Reuban
sandwich on Toasted Rye with Fried Onion Rings.
Because this is a College town portions are large, prices are low and the food is surprisingly good.
What is lacking in ambiance is more than made up for with the quality of the food.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

I can always count on P&G for a decent meal with huge portions at a very reasonable price. They have a full bar, lively crowd, always busy. Service is efficient and friendly. Lately I've been ordering their new House Chopped Salad with grilled chicken. Very good. Does not disappoint!

Reviewed 6 July 2015

We wanted a good meal and the guys in the local place where we stayed recommended this bar. Well it is a very much college town, and P & G's cater to the young minds and palates. And the one recommending is a student.
When we came the manager made sure the kitchen will take our order right away (it was late) and substitute the fries (which were great) for salad. The bartender was happy and chatty and made the whole experience fun and friendly. Will come again.