“Good farm to table food!”

Main Course Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in New Paltz
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 January 2017

They have good farm to table food. You order at the counter, & when your name is called, you bring your food to a table. This restaurant has a college, coffee shop feel. There are high top tables with table cloths & regular wooden tables. We actually sat at the end of a long table with diners we didn't know who sat at the other end. The negatives? The "Create your own chopped salad" menu isn't at the front counter where the regular menus are but on a column in the middle of the waiting area. I would have missed the chopped salad order form (with over 25 items) completely if I hadn't walked around a bit & discovered it... It took a LONG time to get our orders. There is only one unisex bathroom. I ordered a half sandwich with soup. I was pleased it came with fresh greens as well but the soup wasn't hot.

1  Thank fba5

Reviewed 18 January 2017

You order and pick up at the counter so there is not service BUT the food is as good or better than any place in the area. Bruce, the owner, is hospitable and runs a great restaurant. Great choices for lunch and dinner and the Sunday brunch is also very good.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This informal restaurant on Main Street but out of the hustle and bustle is known for it's fresh locally sourced food. The servings are generous and satisfying. You come in, pickup a menu and then order. Sometimes the wait can be a bit long when it's busy as all is freshly prepared but worth the wait. Good for couples, family and friends or just by yourself.

Reviewed 7 December 2016

We had lunch with a dear friend we haven't seen for years at this great lunch spot. When she asked me what I wanted to eat she immediately recommended "Main Course". I had a delicious and fresh "choose your own veggies" chopped salad and a bowl of white bean, kale and tomato soup. Yum! I highly recommend this for a quick and delicious lunch if you're staying in the area. We were staying at Audrey's Farmhouse which I also highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

My go to place when I get into town at night or when I want to get out of the mainstream Hi Street bustle of new paltz. Never fails to impress. Good atmosphere, great portions. Reasonable price. What more can you ask for.