“Pot pie was amazing!!!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in New Paltz
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Village TeaRoom Restaurant & Bake Shop is a unique restaurant, in the heart of the Village of New Paltz, located in a landmarked, 200 year old building that was formerly the village tailor shop. Our menus feature, seasonal traditional hearty dishes from a variety of European cooking traditions. The Bake Shop celebrates the art of baking with artisanal methods and ingredients and local farms provide an abundance of ingredients and inspiration throughout the year. A member of the Hudson Valley chapter of Slow Food, the restaurant’s mission is to offer high quality local seasonal & organic food at reasonable prices. Many of our guests plan their visit to the area around dining at our restaurant. Sunday mornings, neighbours heading home with the Times, stop in for freshly baked scones and coffee. Students at the local university choose “The TeaRoom” when parents and family visit. The dining rooms are a warm intimate spot for a romantic candle-lit dinner.
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here on business-it was freezing so the pot pie I had was amazing!! Very cute little local place worth checking out!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

There aren't too many places for tea where I live and i was pleasantly surprised to find The Village TeaRoom when I visited the Hyde Park area. There are a couple options for tea, so I ordered the Afternoon Tea and my sister ordered the Ploughman's Tea and we were able to share. Both were absolutely delicious! The fruit and lamb pie was more of an empanada and it had a perfect flaky crust. The lemon and raisin scone was a perfect consistency and the assortment of cookies were a wide variety. In fact, their chocolate cookie was so rich, one bite was enough to sate my sweet tooth. I had expected a more extensive list of teas, but it is adequate and I enjoyed the Berry Berry.

I am eager to return and try some of their lunch items. The prices are higher here, but I think this is a place to a special meal with people who appreciate and enjoy fresh ingredients and great baking.

The parking lot is rather small and oddly shaped so parking (even in my tiny car) was a bit challenging. There is street parking with meters.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I ate here with 3 children and we loved it. We ordered some drinks and treats. Charming, quiet, clean, unique food and pricey as hell. Either bring someone you want to impress or bring that hag of a mother in law and see if this gets you on her good side. If this doesn't move her, then get a divorce, no one is worth that much grief.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My sis and I are away for a girls weekend and we found this place for dinner. We ordered a half carafe of the house Malbec which was delightful. We decided to split some smaller plates. We got the quinoa salad, deviled eggs, salmon galette and chicken pâté. All were absolutely delicious and perfect portions. For dessert we had the signature beehive cake. We both love chocolate but this was orange chiffon and apricot jam. Amazing. Topped it off with tea. So lovely and warm and reasonable. Highly recommend this place

agnesdevereux, Owner at The Village TeaRoom, Restaurant & Bake Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you this lovely thoughtful review!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We just stopped in for some tea. Was very good. Also had the chocolate mousse. Was very good, also. Kinda off the beaten path down a side street, but worth the find.