US$99
US$85
US$79
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast barnon smoking roomdesk clerki highly recommend this hotellate checkfree breakfastlinensrates
Reviewed 25 November 2017

After spending Thanksgiving day with at my daughter's house, we (my wife, son, mother-in-law, and I) booked one night to avoid a long drive back to Queens. I called at about 8PM to be sure that a late check-in would be OK. The front desk (Jenny) very informed me that it would be no problem. When we arrived the room keys were ready at the desk, and Theresa checked us in (a charming young lady). After getting settled in I went to the vending machine to purchase some water. I got confused about making the selection for "water", and went to see Theresa at the desk. She gave me 3 complementary bottles of water!
In the morning, we slept past the posted time for breakfast. Jenny was back on duty, and brought out some breakfast food for us! She was very sweet about it, and offered more food than we could have eaten.
All in all, the staff at the front desk is top notch!

Room Tip: Check ahead about accommodations, as the hotel is under partial renovations.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Gmny132, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport.

Feedback from our guests are very important to us as well as it helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service. Although we cannot undo what happened we very much appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Jennifer Ortiz

Reviewed 23 October 2017

It was fairly late when we arrived and I was a little concerned, it didn't look that great from the outside, but the desk clerk was welcoming and helpful. The room was dated but spotlessly clean. The bed and bath linens we good quality and very white and clean. The breakfast bar was pretty minimal but I just used the savings on the room and bought myself a nice breakfast down the road at a diner. The owners were at the desk when we checked out and they were so nice and wishing us safe travels, it was not your usual send off! As someone else mentioned there were not carts but we managed without one. I would definitely recommend it. Just overlook the outside appearance and I might add that it was not an easy off and on the interstate in this location. I subtracted one star for the outside appearance and the distance from the interstate. And the four stars are based on the value. If you want a modern stylish room and a sumptuous breakfast option, don't look in the budget price range.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Gmny132, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Valued guest,
Guest satisfaction is so important to us. We feel very happy and proud that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! We very much appreciate and value your feedback as, "I have to agree it was a pleasant surprise!" in your own words that "It was fairly late when you arrived and you were a little concerned, it didn't look that great from the outside, but the desk clerk was welcoming and helpful. The room was dated but spotlessly clean. The bed and bath linens we good quality and very white and clean".I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations about limited breakfast. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

It was getting late and we were not able to get a room at the hotel we wanted,so I went ahead and booked this hotel even though some of the reviews were not good. I wasn't too impressed when we arrived, but the night clerk was very welcoming. The the room was spotlessly clean. The bed linens were spotless, very soft and a nice quality. The bath linens were fluffy and white, just like new. The furniture and bath were a little dated but all in good repair and shiny clean. The carpet was old but clean. The air worked well and the room darkening window cover was very appreciated.
The breakfast bar was pretty minimal but it was well stocked.
At check out we asked about a baggage cart and learn they didn't have one. A young woman who worked there offered to help.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Janice,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge near Stewart International Airport.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with positive feedback! We very much appreciate and value your feedback as, "Unexpectedly pleasant!", "The room was spotlessly clean. The bed linens were spotless, very soft and a nice quality. The bath linens were fluffy and white, just like new. The furniture and bath were a little dated but all in good repair and shiny clean. The carpet was old but clean. The air worked well and the room darkening window cover was appreciated”. I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations about "minimal breakfast but it was well stocked". Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future about breakfast.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2017

We booked here for one night before a concert (separate review) and had no idea what this was until we drove up. It is right off of a highway - literally, no exit ramp or road, and upon getting out of the car (after several long hours of driving) I wanted nothing more than to get checked in, get a bath and a bite, then head back out again to find the concert venue. There was a large crack in the front glass door, patched by duct tape, which drew my attention, and then caused me to look for more flaws. The whole corridor smelled like fish, and I found out that there is a communal microwave under the stairs in that hall. All of the rooms were along that corridor, so that smell didn't dissipate for awhile. The room itself was ok, nothing to brag about, but was large. The beds were made up with nice sheets and comfortable, I do admit. By the time I got back from driving all the way to the venue and back, I probably could have slept on the ironing board...in the morning I was really looking forward to some kind of a breakfast, and this was anemic at best. I filled up on English muffins and juice.
There was no hot food, cooked eggs or meat. The coffee was "meh" at best. We stopped later and got a real breakfast (separate review). This place advertises that they have a good breakfast and a computer and they don't (it wasn't working I was told). That's about it.

Room Tip: My tip is to stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Gmny132, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Gust,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge near Stewart International Airport.

Feed -back from our guests are very important to us as well as it helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service. Although we cannot undo what happened.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to New Windsor.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Positives - there are lots of businesses right in the area so getting something to eat, going to the grocery store, or getting gas aren't a problem. There was a microwave by the vending machines (not one in each room) and the fridge worked very well. The older woman at the front desk the night we checked in was very kind. It was nice we could see our car from our window.
The tv was nice and we got pretty good channels, no complaints on finding something to watch.

Negatives - the rooms are the level of clean that would be the lowest level I could rationalize staying in, part of that being my rate was non refundable otherwise we would have went to a different hotel. There was a weird red stain in the bottom of our shower so I wore my flip flops in but when I scrubbed on the floor with my flip flops the stain can off.... the couch in our room felt like it was picked up as a free couch on the side of the road and had a couch cover from the 80s put on it. The lampshades in our room were cracked and there was a layer of dust in the corners of all the cabinets. The lighting was a little off too, other than the bathroom the room was pretty dark.Everything had a weird smell like smoking except there were signs everywhere not to smoke and the second night it smelled like someone was smoking pot in the hotel. We had an issue with our smoke detector and it wouldn't stop chirping in the middle of the night so we called down to the front desk and were told it would be addressed. 2 hours later we went down and had the front desk worker come up. She was fairly unprofessional and was vaping every time we saw her. However she was able to come up and take the smoke detector down - there were no batteries though so she said she had to wait until the owners came back to replace it (I did not care because the chirping was beyond frustrating). There were burn marks on the top blanket we were using and an old hair clip shoved down between the top of the bed and the wall. Bed comfort was ok for me but my husband was very uncomfortable, the pillows were cheap but they got the job done. We didn't go to the breakfast but when we went down to check out there was a chair and garbage can blocking the room off and someone was vacuuming so even if we wanted to grab something this morning it was very uninviting. We left our towels to be replaced after the first day because they were so thin and small, ended up with 4 wash cloths and no bath towels. I'm also not sure if there is an elevator because when the rooms were being cleaned the sheets are thrown over the staircase balcony into the rolling bin (I was under the stairs when this happened so thankfully I wasn't over toward the cart any farther)! Things in the vending machine are priced like you're at a movie theater, I'd recommend taking the short trip to a convenience store for a snack

Overall for the price we made due, I definitely wouldn't stay here again or recommend it to a friend. I was uncomfortable for my safety at times just because the vibe of the hotel is skeezy but for 2 adults it worked out well, I don't know if I would have stayed at all with children.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Gmny132, General Manager at Econo Lodge Near Stewart International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations. Regarding breakfast the hours are 6:30 to 9:30 and I apologize if housekeeping was vacuuming but that is due to breakfast being over. The vending machine that is on the property belongs to another company and I will see if they can lower there prices. Unfortunately management had to purchase 9v bolt battery's and due to the weekend that is why your detector wasn't replaced right away. I will speak to hotel staff regarding all of your concerns.

Kind regards,