“A must go to restaurant ”
Review of Savor

Savor
Reserve with OpenTable
Savor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 313 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savor, the Niagara Falls Culinary Institute's fine dining restaurant, provides real-world experience and hands-on learning for students enrolled in the Culinary Arts, Pastry Arts, Restaurant Management and Hospitality programs. Savor features an open kitchen with a wood stone hearth oven, chef's table and private dining room. Students work in rotation throughout Savor, including the wood stone oven, serving fine dining cuisine. The goal is to expose students to classically prepared cuisine, presented in today's modern style, with an emphasis on using high quality local ingredients, all in a state-of-the-art kitchen. Product used in the restaurant are purchased from local sources. Savor's menu changes with the four seasons to give students the opportunity to work with and sell the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Loved this restaurant. And love that it’s a teaching restaurant also. The ambience is great, you can dress up or dress down. Everyone one was friendly and professional. Amanda was our waitress and she was great, informative and attentive. The food was amazing. Best hamburger I’ve ever had. My husbands pizza was great and the appetizer stuffed yellow peppers were to die for. The menu changes every season so what we had may not be there when you arrive. We didn’t get dessert so we don’t know about those, but I’m sure they are great too. Will definitely go back if we ever get a chance.

Dana D, General Manager at Savor, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Lynn,

Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your dinner and Amanda's service. We hope to meet you personally during your next visit.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

What a treat. If you visit Niagara Falls, I recommend a meal here.

Located in the beautiful Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, this restaurant is a gem, just down Old Falls St. from the American Falls. The setting is upscale and the dress can be anything from casual to formal, and you’ll feel at home. The dishes change all the time, so don’t get your heart set on a dish that you see reviewed here! I visited in early/mid December and my dish was short ribs. Wonderfully cooked, awesome sauce with creamy polenta, some veggies and lardons (served all layered together in a single bowl). My only issue with the dish was that it was too salty. Don’t get me wrong- I love bacon / lardons, and these were perfectly textured, offering a crispy crunch to an otherwise “soft” dish. But they were just too salty and overpowered the wonderful and subtle tastes of the meat and the sauce. My opinion is that either cutting back on the number of lardon (not recommended!) or the salt in them (please) would improve the dish.

As you may have read, the restaurant does use students from the culinary institute, and also has regular staff. My understanding is that the chef runs everything behind the scenes and does the cooking, while students often help with the initial food preparation (sous-chef duties) and with the serving and staffing in the restaurant.

Our server was Courtney

Thank you for your review and feedback! We are happy you enjoyed your experience. Please visit us again next time you are in town.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This is one of these times that more than five stars are needed; four is a little bit of a stretch but three seemed to be a little unfair. Came here for lunch on a Saturday afternoon after exploring Goat Island and Prospect Point. There appeared to be only two people taking care of the dining room so consequently we waited about five minutes to be greeted. Once seated, however, our server (Matthew?) was very attentive. Husband and I both ordered the grilled cheese (white cheddar on brioche bread) and smoked tomato bisque combo. The soup was very flavorful but I thought the bread overpowered the sandwich (or else more cheese should have been used). The house cut potato chips were very thin and while a little on the greasy side, they had that addictive quality. The pickle was a little limp. The iced tea must have been herbal instead of black and tasted just a little off. When we asked for refills, we were told they were brewing some more and that it would take awhile so maybe we just got the end of the last batch? Very quiet atmosphere and while I believe I read it is good for kids (and there were some families when we were there), it is a very quiet restaurant so I definitely would not recommend bringing young kids for dinner. Where Savor shines is dessert so I'm glad we indulged. Husband had the creme brûlée and I had the hazelnut mousse bomb; what a great way to finish our lunch before hitting the road. I believe the only parking available is street/metered parking.

Dana D, General Manager at Savor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Lee & Paul,

Thank you for your review! Our apologies for an untimely greeting. We have a children's menu for our guests 12 and under. There is an adjacent municipal ramp we validate for if you bring in your ticket. We hope to see you next time your in town.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner and had a fabulous time. Food was excellent and staff was super kind and accomodating. Definitely recommend this place.

Dana D, General Manager at Savor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Karee,

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We had been here a year or so ago and weren't very pleased then. We thought it was time for a return visit. My husband and I shared the Beet salad to start with. I LOVE beet salads but this one was okay. Then he had the Open Faced Steak Sandwich and I had the Meatball Bomber. Mine was a little dry and generally unexciting. My husband thought the Steak Sandwich was fine. We ate at the bar and our bartender was very nice and friendly. I ordered a cocktail, I think it was called Santa's Bag and it was delicious.

Hi Peg,

Thank you for your honest review, we love all feedback. We hope to see you back soon!