“Fine to stay for 2 nights”
Review of Swiss Cottage Inns

Swiss Cottage Inns
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 21 November 2017

We spent only 2 days in Niagara falls, and we were looking for a budget and good stay somewhere between the falls, outlet and Niagara Airport. So we decided to stay here. Everything was fine, we arrived quite late around 10 pm but our room was waiting for us. The owner gave us tickets for free rides on the bus and it was useful to go to the falls next day and then to go to the airport. He also adviced us what time is better to go, gave maps and schedule for the buses, showed us where is the bus stop and the supermarket. It's a regular motel, so don't expect anything extraordinary, for this better change your mind and get a luxary hotel. But if you are looking for a place to sleep for a few nights, it's good. Room was clean, there were towels, a TV and a little fridge. I always take my own shampoos and soaps, so for me it's not a problem that there weren't any (I think there were some soaps). We were there in September so there was no need in a swimming pool. The walls are not soundproof so we could hear our neighbors talking outside. And if you are staying for longer time and your aim is Niagara Falls I think it's better to stay somewhere around there, it won't be good to go by bus every day (it passes once an hour).

Room Tip: Rooms are more quiet farter from the road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I'll start with the bad and end with the good.

The bed was very hard and I could feel the springs. I don't think that the mattress was old, just really cheap and lacking a pillow-top. The walls were paper-thin, we could hear the conversations of our neighbours, so when they got up an hour before we wanted to, we had to get up as well. There was no shampoo in the shower, luckily I always pack a travel size. The fridge didn't work, we were hoping to keep beverages cold for the next day. The room is very small, about the same size as my bedroom back home. I could not find a plug so I charged my phone in the bathroom.

It was a lot cheaper than anything else in the area. Hence the 3/5, I'm rating based on price. Had this place been $20/night more, I would rate it 2/5. The drive from the border was only about 10 minutes. There are lots of restaurants in the area, I highly recommend Judi's. The room was clean. There were two bars of soap provided.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The Swiss Cottage Inn is a good value pick and is better described as being a no frills type of place. The room was okay. The Wifi was adequate and worked well most of the time. The TV remote didnt work, and the TV's themselves are quite old and archaic, but they do have cable! They do give you a complimentary soap bar. Checking in was quite easy, and luckily for Canadians they take Canadian $ at par. However, I did prepay via Expedia.

In terms of the surrounding area, there is much to do, both in walking distance and your car. Within walking distance, there is a KFC, Dunkin Donuts, a 24 hour grocery store (Tops), Bob Evans, Burger King, Dollar Tree and Target to name a few. Within driving distance there are even more options such as Premium Outlets and Walmart.

This place is just off I-190 and only about 6 miles (10 km) from the Canadian border.

Ultimately, I would stay here again primary due to its location, but they could start offering a free breakfast, maybe not a bad idea.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I do not understand why people/ tourist waste their money in hi fi hotel this hotel has very good ambience neat and clean room for sleeping although wi fi is poor but who cares if you are tourist and want to see Niagara and nearby go for this hotel not bad in $65 per day room rent particularly when u want to take a nap in the night after hectic days

Room Tip: All the rooms built only on ground floor take room no.16to 20
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2017

My son goes to college outside Pittsburgh, so we decided to make a quick trip up to Niagara Falls. It was rather last minute, and I was able to get 2 rooms, a queen for my husband and I and 2 queens for my sons. It was very bare bones, but quite perfectly adequate. It was very clean. There is a window AC unit, and it was 93 the day we were there, it cooled the room down pretty quickly. The water pressure was fine, but be warned, there are no shampoos, hairdryer, lotion, or even a coffee maker. No coffee in the office even. The towels are not big and fluffy, but everything truly was clean and perfectly adequate for a quick trip. Though there seemed to be a lot of traffic, the room was quiet. There is a Dunkin Donuts, Denny's, McDonald's, Wendy's, and a grocery store all within blocks. There are lots of other restaurants in the area, these are just ones I remembered. Eva, who I believe is a co-owner was very sweet and welcoming. We went at night to view the falls all lit up , which was really fun. Be warned, after 9pm the building closes up, and there are no bathrooms nearby. A lot of steps to get back up to the parking lot, so keep that in mind with people that aren't up to a lot of walking and steps. We got a ticket to pay for parking when we were done, and almost paid it at a kiosk. The booth was closed and the gates were up, so no one to pay. I believe it is that way after the building closes. To view the falls by day, the Canadian side is 100x better. The bulk of the actual falls are on the US side, so go across to Canada to look at them, much better pix. It is also just so much prettier, flowers everywhere, and there seemed to be more parking. We paid $20 Canadian/$18 US to park at the restaurant complex where Tim Horton is, which put us really close to everything. We went on the Hornblower, which is the Canadian version of the Maid in the Mist. Really fun day. The bridge over is $3.75 toll, and you need your passport. On the way over to Canada we had zero traffic, but waiting in lines for almost 45 min to get back over to the US.

Room Tip: We were able to get 2 rooms next to each other, so our kids had their own room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family