All reviews private jacuzzi game lodge very friendly service fellow guests coffee machine wonderful experience welcome drink outdoor shower open plan sun sets attention to detail enjoyed our stay nature reserve hot towels night stay lunch and dinner watering hole
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

One of the most beautiful places my girlfriend and I have ever been; a new waterhole right in front (where all animals come to drink), outside shower, private jacuzzi and all this can be done from your own and private bungalow. The lodge arranged the transport from Joburg with an excellent driver. Very warm welcome from Shannon and the rest of the lovely staff. All them are so passionate about the animals and the lodge itself, really amazing. We had the privilege to have two different and very knowledgeable and experienced game drivers. Because of them we saw a tiger, zebras, hippos, rhinos, cheetah (with 4 cups(!)), elephant, giraffes and more. We would recommend the place to everyone who is looking for a dream safari with the most amazing people. Jamila Lodge, thank you so so so much! We will never forget these days and we wish you all the best!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arne S
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We just spent 3 memorable nights at the lodge.
As a family with 2 children of 10 & 8 we couldn't have asked for more. The lodge is beautiful and the setting more so. Every member of the staff there are genuinely kind and attentive. Sitting having breakfast watching giraffes, zebras and wilderbeasts drinking at the lodge waterhole will stay with us all. The game drives are amazing, the park itself should be added to the Big 5. The game rangers were really great and made the experience special.
Loved it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great attention to detail throughtout the lodge. Friendly helpful staff and excellent quality food.
The lodge Rangers were very informative and made the early morning starts well worthwhile!
We especially liked the drink and snack breaks at sunset whilst watching the safari animals.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Jamila Game Lodge was very helpful and made it very easy for me to get around the Private Game Reserve. Justinus picked me up from the first lodge I stayed at during my first days in Welgevonden. The staff was singing and gave me the most heartwarming welcome a solo traveler can get. My room was always clean and tidy. One night when it was quite windy, I couldn't sleep as the outside shower kept making these horrible noises. The breakfast was great. The lunch and dinner was delicious but not the healthiest option one can get. The game drives were fantastic. I had the 4x4 car all to myself and Justinus and Shannon was always with me. Never have I ever seen the stars as bright as they were in Welgevonden during the night. So if you find yourself here at this place - before you go to bed, take a minute or two to look up. Our Milky Way galaxy looks like a huge milky haze in the night sky. So beautiful!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephanie E
juliepT6511XX, General Manager at Jamila Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

It was our pleasure to host you.
We thank you for your kind words and hope you will visit us again should you return to South Africa.
Jamila Team

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Our trip was a short vacation in SA, mainly going there for this romantic four night stay at Jamila. The welcome was heartily and warm and after our lang trip from Jo'burg, we were given a chance to freshen up and enjoy an amazing lunch. This proces has pretty much repeated itself over the next few days. The food was very good, staff was helpful and friendly and the game drives were amazing. Our guide did his very best to show us all the different game and he succeeded with a 100% score. What made this trip even more special for us, was the proposal to my girlfriend, which was set up very well by Jamila. The private game drive, the location to do the actual proposal, the making up of the room; all was very well done. Thank you Jamila, for a trip we will never forget!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ernst P
juliepT6511XX, General Manager at Jamila Game Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Dear Ernst

Congratulations on your engagement. We wish a lifetime of happiness together.

We thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you both again soon

The Jamila Management & Team