All reviews the cliff the check in desk cave house small fridge watch the sunset sea view honeymoon suite transfer service a wonderful place to stay your luggage the main street steep steps amazing location accommodation volcano balcony santorini
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

I love going to the cold destinations to bring in the new year. The decision was to do Athens for xmas and Santorini for NYE. The idea was to de stress big time. The aggressive year that passed needed soul time to take stock. The place was relatively dead and it made me wonder whether I made the right decision. The reception was helpful and I hired a car. All I did was breathe in the fresh cold air, sleep, drive around the island, sit in my private jacuzzi and eat so much good food. The decision would probably been better to ease here and then go to Athens to party and shop. The service was slow everywhere and 80% of the restaurants were shut. The weather ranged from 7-14 degrees and sun only came out on the last day so that completely took away the view and there was overcast. But then alls well that ends well. There is a Big year ahead.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I stayed at VIP Suites in Oia this month with my parents. We had two beautiful rooms, directly overlooking two of the beautiful Oia blue domes with a gorgeous view of the sea. The front desk staff were super friendly and helpful to us, as was the porter who carried our (very heavy!) luggage up and down the steps to our rooms. The breakfast was delicious (but bring your euros as it's not included in the cost of the room). I would recommend VIP Suites to anyone travelling to Oia!

Room Tip: The Standard Studio with Sea View and Honeymoon Suite rooms were wonderful. Definitely be sure to get a room with a view of the sea!
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jcochran22
Reviewed 7 December 2016

We visited Oia in September and stayed at VIP Suites in a cave house with a sea view. Let me start by saying the view from our cave house was out of this world! The village of Oia is the best location on the Island by far, followed by Fira and Imerovigli (in no particular order). VIP Suites offers a few accommodation options so if there's availability I highly recommend you go for the Sea View option, it costs a bit more than a standard room (cave house) but it's worth every single penny.

The interior of our cave house was pretty standard, only had the bare minimum. The duvet looked quite old and not appealing at all. Wi-Fi didn't work on most days and if it did it the connection was quite slow. The hotel also doesn't offer basic amenities like breakfast or a restaurant so you'll have to organise that yourself everyday. If it weren't for the location and view I'd rate this place 2.5 stars.

Room Tip: Request a room with a Sea View
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We visited Oia in November and we stayed at vip suites.
The staff was very friendly, they carried our baggages all the way to the suites. Nice breakfast with homemade and warm snacks!
The room was spacious, comfortable and clean!
The view was breathtaking and you could enjoy your meal or drink on your private balcony anytime during the day or night
Thank you!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Very dangerous interior no hand rail on the cement stairs. Making it very difficult for older people. On the plus side was the amazing view! There was also a beautiful hot tub for those chilly nights!

Room Tip: Rooms farther down the cliff side are harder to get to.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple