All reviews the main street a ground floor room pool area average hotel caldera view roof terrace restaurants and shops suite santorini sunset musty steps port
Reviewed 18 February 2016

POSITIVES:location was excellent - near Oia bus terminal and along the main pedestrian street where u can find quaint cafes and scenic view of Oia. Hotel description was different - no stovetop in room or kettle, but the hotel staff - lovely ladies at the reception allowed me to use the kitchen in the evenings to warm up light meals, and provided a kettle. breakfast was a generous spread and delicious. my single room was HUGE and cavernous so it was really cold on the first night. the heater was not that strong at first but improved. clean room, large bed, good cable TV with a few english channels (more than just news channels, I got to watch CSI and the likes). strong shower pressure, nice modern bathroom, generous toiletries. my room faced the empty pool (closed for winter)

NEGATIVES: Low ceiling in the bed area, so tall guests, pls be careful!!
Hotel description was different - no stovetop in room or kettle. this is not the first time hotels.com have made this mistake. Last year i experienced the same in Thailand. Not the hotel's fault but hotels.com!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Hani H
Reviewed 3 January 2016

We went to Oia for a couple of days this September. As we are students, we wanted the best quality/price ratio. So we decided to book Museum Spa and Wellness Hotel and it turned out to be the best decision. The hotel is on the main street, very close to everything: lots of shops, restaurants, the sunset point. The room we got was clean and neat and very comfortable. We also had breakfast included, which was great, because it was a continental buffet one with lots of freshly made Greek food to choose from and it offered us the energy we needed to start the day.
We were only sorry we didn't stay longer, but we are hoping to return some day.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank asmund p
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

All I love most is breakfast with Greek food he he. Luckily that I got a suite room room even if I paid for the price of a standard room. So, I am impressed for this since it is the first time for me here, Santorini. I am happy for it. Good location! Too small swimming pool! Good for solo travelers.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Natthaphon K
Reviewed 5 October 2015

We loved this small hotel on the main street in Oia, Santorini! Our room had a small balcony where we watched the amazing sunset and didn't have to fight crowds in the local tavernas. Room also had a small kitchen and separate seating area in addition to the bedroom. The marble steps leading up to the hotel rooms were bordered by beautiful pink bougainvillea vines and served as a popular tourist photo shot! Our balcony also overlooked the pool. The hotel offers spa facilities but we didn't have time to check them out. We were too busy enjoying the shops and views from Oia. We got to Santorini by ferry then took 2 buses up the hills to get to Oia, which includes a transfer in Fira. Returning to the ferry the next day, the hotel ordered a mini-van. While more expensive, it was faster and the driver stopped for photos and best of all--pastries for breakfast. The hotel may also offer this option for the trip up the winding mountain roads. Be prepared to carry your own bags up steps and down narrow streets as Oia is pedestrian only. Locals use donkeys to carry bulky items to and from the stores. For great photos of the streets and shops before the crowds arrive, get up early! The fantastic views of the caldera can be seen and photographed from many locations.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony with a view of the sunset. Small kitchens/refrigerators also available.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

I can whole-heartedly say that this is my second worst hotel experience ever (Venice was the worst - yep, did a review of that one too).

I wouldn't call Santorini the land of value for money offers and the Museum Spa and Wellness is no exception. We paid a good stack for the honeymoon suite, the famed room 118, and I couldn't feel more ripped off. The one positive remark I will give is that the view from the rooftop balcony of the room over the caldera and for the sunset are hard to beat.

Now... deep breath...

When we arrived, there were no typical courtesies. We were immediately asked for payment of our stay in cash, based on the fact that "everything in Greece so difficult" and the internet doesn't work. Trust me, if we had a chill EUR3000 in cash conveniently sitting in our wallets, we wouldn't be staying in this dump. They just wouldn't give it up so we relented on a small cash deposit and they told us they would come and get us to pay the remainder on card. I'll just say that maybe there is a day trading business going on out the back that hinges on exchange rates to explain the fact they had taken an authorisation for the amount when we booked and could've taken the money then, but whatevs.

We got to our room and if we were actually on our honeymoon, there were definitely going to be no honeymoon babies. The bed was hard as a rock. It is truly a most unromantic place. It's also badly in need of maintenance and looks nothing like the pro pictures (they must have been taken when Greece was using the Dracma).

When we went to use wifi in our room (after the internet was apparently back up), we couldn't pick it up. Maybe they were referring to the surrounding restaurants and THEIR wifi because they worked a treat. I wouldn't have put it past these guys to use these wifi networks to save cash. (HOT TIP: have dinner at Strogili and get their wifi password - we used theirs the whole time, thanks guys! Love your pasta!)

Then there is the delightful breakfast everyone raves on about. If eggs left out to get cold and day old spam is your thing, you're in luck. One day,  we actually ended up driving all the way to Fira for brekkie so we got a hot breakfast and didn't have to pay more than EUR3 for a half-decent coffee.

I could probably handle all of this if the staff were well-mannered and kinda nice. The cleaner and porter boys excepted, the remainder of the staff have all the charm (and the memory span) of a box of hair. I've never met an angrier bunch of faces - if we ever asked for anything (which was seldom because we felt like we were inconveniencing them and would be hit up by a plea for cash), we were only met with an unhelpful stare or queried on where we were staying which was just weird. This place is not run by Greeks and it shows because there is no hospitality and no care for your enjoyment of this beautiful island.

Don't sleep here, don't eat here, don't go to the "spa" here - though I'm sure you'll take a photo here (you'll know what I mean if you stay out front long enough).

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple