Where do we start? This hotel was more than we could have imagined. We stayed in the Sunset honeymoon suite for 7 nights for the 2nd leg of our honeymoon. Starting from our arrival at the post office in Oia we were greeted by Tasos who was friendly and welcoming carrying our bags up and down the millions of steps to the hotel in the burning heat. A mean feat! Walking past the tourists in Oia we were greeted at our sunset suite by Jordan who was friendly, showing us around giving us tips on how to make the most of our amenities. We were then left to enjoy our first sunset with champagne and truffles! One of the reasons we chose this suite was the location and views getting the best sunset view on the island and close to centre of Oia. On your balcony you have comfortable seats, sun loungers and a jacuzzi. We spent all of our time there relaxing, eating breakfast, reading and watching the world go by.
When the sun begins to go down all the tourists gather in this location crowding the bars,walls and restaurants around you for a prime spot. We felt like royalty with our own private terrace!!
Breakfast is served complimentary every morning at your time of choosing until 12pm. If you ring your order in the evening you speak to lovely Daniela who looked after us during our stay. Choice for breakfast from juice, butter and marmalade then pastries including brown and white bread, croissants, leek pie, choice of cereals then onto Greek dishes such as salad, bruschetta, smoked ham and cheese. Finally yoghurts and fruits. Breakfast fit for a King!
The room itself is very traditional and Greek with old fashioned artefacts. Cleaned everyday by a friendly maid. The kitchen is compact with fridge and a coffee/tea maker with a stock of teas and coffees replenished every day. In the living area is air conditioning with a tv and you have your own safe free of charge. The bathroom is upstairs with a beautiful view to Amoundi Bay.
Oia is picturesque and beautiful. We had fabulous meals and would recommend Roka,Kyprida and Ferendini for evening meals. We ate at Floga too through the day which was nice. Have a drink in little bar at the bottom of the steps below red bicycle called 39 steps. Try the santorini beer either red,yellow or crazy donkey. My husband liked the crazy!! Or a mojito if you prefer cocktails. In the bus square the gyros is delicious we liked the place down the alley with garden and green circular sign. Try wine from Santo Wines in all supermarkets very good!
All and all it was amazing, a trip of a lifetime. Jordan,Daniela and Tasos and the girl who serviced our room were amazing and couldnt have done more for us!! Thank you so much!
And if you stay in the sunset suite look out for Larry and Lenny two tiny lizards who live under the jacuzzi but pop out to say hello every day. We miss them .........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art Maisons Exclusive Boutique Hotels is composed of 2 Luxury Hotels: Aspaki and Oia Castle Luxury Suites. Due to its unique location on the cape of the Caldera right in the heart of Oia Santorini, Aspaki Exclusive Hotel offers best panoramic views of the Caldera, Aegean sea,entire village with blue domes and Volcano while ensuring ultimate privacy and tranquility for our guests. A common pool and bar/restaurant is available. Oia Castle Luxury Suites is located under the Castle of Oia which is the best spot to watch the famous sunset view in Santorini.The Suites and Villas were combined with every modern-day luxury and private pools or Jacuzzis offering direct sunset views and Caldera, windmills and sea views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki And Oia Castle
- Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels: Aspaki & Oia Castle Hotel Oia