Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
US$256
US$248
US$827
TripAdvisor
All reviewscave poolhoneymoon suiteexclusive suiteromeo and julieteros suitewatch the sunsetsunset viewprivate balconysipping champagnesister propertypost officeoutdoor jacuzziblue domesdirect viewhot tubeach morningthe cliff
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Everything about our stay was absolute perfection!! Upon our arrival by ferry, Art Maisons, had someone waiting for us with our free car rental. We proceeded to follow him to town, signed our paperwork and were escorted to a parking spot as close as you could possibly get to the main town. Yannis was waiting for us in the parking area and carried our bags to the hotel. We stayed at Oia Castle in the Aqua Suite for six nights and did not want to leave. The staff, George, Yannis, Christina and Ella were wonderful and very accommodating. The suite was beautifully appointed and upon arriving to our suite, we found a bottle of champagne on ice along with a birthday cake for me. (And a few cold beers in the refrigerator! ) A very thoughtful touch! We had the most spectacular sunset view every night right from our private balcony. The views of the caldera from early morning to sunset were breathtaking. Every morning we had a nice light breakfast waiting for us, always with some type of freshly squeezed juice. The staff was very helpful in making a special dinner reservation at one of the nicest restaurants in Santorini for my 50th birthday. My husband and I have traveled quite a bit and have had some spectacular accommodations, but I have to say that Oia Castle is by far the most unique and memorable place we have stayed.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I travel frequently, but this is one of the most amazing hotels I have ever stayed in! We’ve stayed there several times, both in Aspaki and Oia’s castle and we can’t get enough. The suites are gorgeous, the views, breathtaking and the service outstanding!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coertz
Reviewed 25 January 2011

After long hesitation and contacting experts, I decided to book at Art Maisons as a second place to stay at in our Santorini-Oia honeymoon. I was planning to surprise my wife and booked Endless Blue for its superior location and views and private terrace and jaccuzi. I was parted between Endless Blue and another house that belongs to another hotel, but I was so encouraged to book the Endless Blue based on an inner feeling and many recommendations. Booking was smooth and perfect as I was offered 5% off the rest of the balance I had to pay (70% as 30% are deposited prior to staying there) and I was also offered a rental car for free for 7 days of our stay! That sounded perfect.

One day before our check-in I received a call from the owner to tell me that they got a sewage system problem at Aspaki and that they could not work on it till the end of the season so that they don't disturb nearby residencies! I was also told that we would be moved -as the rest of Aspaki guests- to Oia Castle and that we'll stay at Eros! Although Eros is 130 euros/night higher than Endless Blue, I was disappointed due to the fact that I was booking at Aspaki just because I wanted Endless Blue in specific!

The hotel promised to help move us from our first hotel (Andronis) which they did in an excellent way by bringing our rental car close to Andronis. Yannis is their superman, my wife and I really really appreciate how this polite man is doing such a tough job by carrying big amount of luggage through all the steps leading to our suite, and he does it with a smile.

We were, then, intoduced to our suite. Lighting was better than how it seems in the website, but lights buttons were so many and all next to each other just next to the door and it was hard to find the right button. TV is placed in an incovinient position so it is impossible to watch it when in bed, but we didn't really need it. The kitchenette was fairly equipped but the coffee maker was broken. The room had two windows overlooking Therassia island and the most northern part of Oia (cannot be compared to the great views we had at our first hotel), and bathroom was 3 separate areas (toilet+shower+sink) the shower had steam system and side washers which was cool. The bed outest cover had some hair from other guests probably and by time we even wondered if sheets are daily changed! The furniture was intended to give a feeling of classic boutique hotel but in my opinion it was out dated and it would really be more suitable if it was either updated or replaced by simpler one.

Staff: They are welcoming and helpful, Yannis in specific is so polite and helpful, and the housekeeper was doing her best. We got a good guidance on what to do and where to go and a private boat trip was arranged by the hotel.

Laundry: It was of an exceptionally low price compared to all the hotels we have been to!

Pool: Dipping in the pool was the first thing we did after we checked-in. We noticed a wiered suspicious smell which made us run out of it and never use it again. It was not enough that we had to give up the wish we had about using the nice outdoors jaccuzi at Endless Blue, and it finally felt like we were not "upgraded" to Eros; we were rather "downgraded".The shower had a lighter similar smell. And we believed it is something with their drain system.

Breakfast: well, we had it only once, and then decided to buy tiropites (Greek cheese pies) from some bakery. I agree with most of the reviewers (even the most positive ones) that breakfast is anything but 5-star, especially the Thermos!

Overall, we were disappointed by the sudden late change from Endless Blue to Eros, by the unpleasant pool smell and by the hair we found on bed at our check-in which together made my wife wish to leave since day 1! We were sorry that at checking out, we were asked for our feedback and it felt like we were obliged to give a positive one but we couldn't afford that.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Katsoherakis
Reviewed 26 December 2010

Say no more when it comes to the Oia Castle.. Everything is Perfect, the views are breathtaking and watching the sunset from your balcony having a beer what more could one want. The service is very welcoming. I would love to stay here again. Its so worth it!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

We stayed at Oia Castle-Honeymoon Suite for 3 nights in October 2010. The property is billed as 5-star but a more accurate description would be 5-star view, 5-star service, 3-star accommodations.

The room was spacious enough, with separate sleeping and sitting areas, and a small stairway leading to an open bathroom area. Be advised, there is no door to the bathroom area (although there is a door to the shower room). The room was clean but it's decor and accommodations do not even come close to what 5-star accommodations should be -- think shabby-chic, Greek-style second-hand furniture. The room was comfortable, but I certainly would not call it luxurious. The shower had permanent grime (and lots of it) between the discolored tiles. Although I'm sure the shower room was as clean as it could get, it sure didn't look clean. The kitchenette area was nice and appeared to be well-equipped even though our coffee machine didn't work (Yannis happily repaired it upon request).

The breakfast, thankfully, was free. Under no circumstances would I have paid money for the breakfast we received. Although plentiful (two egg dishes, fruit, cereal, yogurt, etc.), a five-star property would never have served the food we received: the fruit was bruised and obviously many weeks old, the yogurt was past it's expiration date, the thermos and flatware provided were campsite quality. I know this sounds nit-picky, but if the property is advertised as 5-star, it's owners ought to be aware of the finer details that distinguish a 5-star property.

The service was exceptional from the initial greeting to the final good-bye. Yannis and Cristina provided super A+, superstar service. And did it with a smile our entire stay.

Now, about the view. In a word: spectacular!! The honeymoon suite has a large, private deck. There is a private hot tub, banquette-type seating along the wall and more than enough space for a few lounge chairs. When you begin your day sitting on this private deck, you feel no need to explore the rest of Oia until after the sun sets. Really.

There is no restaurant with the property so all meals other than breakfast are eaten in town. The WiFi was pretty inconsistent but the ethernet connected internet worked just fine. We opted for the hotel-provided transport (shared van service) to/from the airport which I think was worth the extra money.

In sum, even though the veranda and the service are really exceptional, we would probably opt to try another one of the 5-star properties in Oia because the room accommodations of Oia Castle just did not quite measure up.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple