All reviews every morning amazing views the main street our honeymoon junior suite the air conditioning carried our bags the cliff bucket list private jacuzzi hotel is situated amazing hotel enjoy the view reception desk reception area visiting santorini perfect stay
Reviewed 7 June 2017

First, I will mention that I stayed in the Deluxe Suite external to the property. You may see this as an option if you are booking on their website. I had a hard time finding reviews that specifically pertained to this, so here goes. Keep in mind that some of the things I say may be completely different than other reviewers who stayed on the hotel grounds.

On the positive side: the room was fantastic. It was everything that the pictures indicated -- wonderful views, spotlessly clean, well apportioned, and quiet in the evening. My wife and I decided to splurge for one night on our trip by paying a lot (by our standards) for this room and living it up. For this alone, I could almost give the experience 5 stars.

However, there are a few things that prevented the experience from being perfect. First, the check in and check out process with the external room has not been perfected. I received several e-mails from "Chroma Suites" indicating that I would be staying there. OK, I thought, that must be where the "external room" is located. However, nobody sent me a map to where these are. I'm clever (I think), so I look it up on an online map before I leave and away I go. Well, after wandering around town for 20 minutes and not finding Chroma Suites, I start asking around. Nobody has heard of them (because they aren't really a thing). After 4 or 5 people, I started asking for directions to the Armeni Village in hopes they could show me where to go. The first 3 people I asked claimed "It's my first day here, I don't know." Thus my first impression of Oia was of unhelpful people (it couldn't really all be their first day, right?). Then I found someone who wasn't a shopkeeper and asked them and they got me pretty close. After an hour of wandering around in the hot sun we were able to check in at Armeni Village, whence I was scolded for not simply calling them to ask for directions. A simple note indicating that check in is with Armeni Village accompanied by a map and phone number would have alleviated all of this.

Check out was also frustrating. They gave me a phone to use during my stay to call the reception area with (which was nice). I called indicating I was ready to check out and they said that someone would be there in 10 minutes to help with my bags (also nice). I waited about 35 minutes for someone to come. If I had known it would take so long, I could have taken the bags myself! It just seems that with this external room they haven't perfected the check-in and check-out process.

And there are a few other things that prevent the room from being truly elegant. The hot tub was so hot that it was difficult to sit in for more than a few minutes. It was probably 106 degrees (F) or more. On a hot sunny day at the beginning of summer, this seemed a bit much. And the cave shower was neat, with an overhead shower head to feel like it's raining on you. But the water only comes out of the shower head if you push a button -- and the button is mounted so far away from where you have to stand to be underneath the stream of water that, unless you have really long arms, a broomstick, or a second person, you really can't use it.

Like I said, these things about the room are not really all that bad. But for the price, they are a few little things that prevent an excellent room from being truly elegant.

3  Thank SeattleHudd
Reviewed 6 June 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of May for 1 week and we loved it. From the moment we arrived we found the staff could not do more to make our stay perfect. We were met by a friendly man who carried our cases, check-in was fast and we were delighted to find we had been up upgraded free of charge to a suite with a private terrace overlooking the Caldera. Breakfast was brought to our room each morning and the selection of food was great... the pastries and Jam are delicious! The hotel is in the centre of Oia within walking distances of restaurants, cafes etc, the location couldn't be better and the views are incredible! If we ever return to Oia this is definitely where we would stay! Huge thank you to the amazing staff for making our trip so memorable!

Room tip: It is worth upgrading to a suite if you have the choice as it gives you more privacy.
1  Thank jademccx
armeniv, Διευθυντής at Armeni Village Rooms & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you have spent o write a review regarding your stay at Armeni Village Rooms & Suites. We value our guests' opinion and any suggestions and comments are always welcome in order for us to improve our standards and services.

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback and we are indeed delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2017

this is a spectacular place to spent time in Santorin. away from the hectic streets of Oia, where you can just relax and be amazed at the ever changing vista. Mihail/ Mishca (I think that's his name) carried our bags too and from our room, no mean feat, was very helpful in recommending this to do and see. we didn't have breakfast included, but a quick 5 minute walk go me to a bakery that was open early and the food on offer was amazing. I an not one for sitting down and doing nothing but this place makes you want to sit and enjoy the view. if you want to check out Oia, do it early. the streets are clean and quiet and the morning sunlight is great for taking photos. during the day only venture topside to get more food and drinks and then return to your hideaway. once the sunset crowds are gone you can venture the less crowded street for a bite to eat, and there are lots of places to choose from. honeymooners heaven for sure. this is where you spoil yourself. be careful, you wont want to leave.

Room tip: if you have trouble with stairs, let them know.
1  Thank Kimbokimbo16

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to read that you had an amazing time in Santorini and Armeni Village was a part of it.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2017

The only thing better than the service here is the view. The staff did everything you'd want: shuttle to and from airport, bag service, breakfast delivery, restaurant recommendations, and help booking activities. Everyone working there had a smile on their face every time we spoke.

Our room (superior suite with external jacuzzi) had a private jacuzzi which was great, not all do. The room is also was huge. It is as nice as the website photos portray. The breakfast offers a good spread.

We would recommend staying here (this hotel) to anyone. We would also recommend staying in Oia over Fira if you're looking for a slower pace. If you get up before 9am you can walk all over town on much less crowded streets. After 9am or so, the cruise liners drop off people and it can get crowed.

Room tip: Jacuzzi room or the lowest one offset from the rest

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire team at Armeni Village Rooms & Suites, we would like to thank you for your kind words. We are very happy to hear you are satisfied with our facilities and services.
Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Just outside our room was a fantastic Caldera view with lounge chairs & tables/chairs. So each day we enjoyed our open- air breakfast of muesli, yogurt, boiled eggs, fruit and baked goods plus beverages. (Guests select food items & breakfast time from a list supplied by Reception Desk.) Staff was very pleasant &accommodating in every respect, from airport pickup to arranging restaurant reservations. Our room was comfortable with a great shower, robes and beach towels provided. Up the steps from the hotel you'll find yourself in the heart of things, with shops, cafes & a small market. The nature of the cliffside setting means that numerous steps must be navigated to get down to the hotel, but this is well worth it for the fantastic stay in this amazing place.