“Great property - surprising location ”
Review of De Sol Spa Hotel

De Sol Spa Hotel
Ranked #10 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

I visited the hotel with my husband and 8 friends. We had 5 rooms reserved and we were all upgraded to villas upon arrival. Really beautiful space with individual swimming pools and two bathrooms, one with an enormous jacuzzi tub. Staff lovely and helpful. Breakfast plentiful. No views but they own the sister property just across the road which as a view of the Calder. The Issue I had was location. This was my first visit to santorini and although I saw that the hotel was 1.4km from the center of Fira (we are from NYC and big walkers so thought it was not a bad walk) I didn't appreciate that it was on such a commercial ugly and busy stretch of road. The shuttle was useful and the hotel was able to easily arrange for vans for us to go to dinners and oia. We had a great stay and enjoyed the luxury.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 October 2017

People make vacations memorable and the staff at De Sol were great. The check-in was super fast and very friendly. I received all the pertinent information about the hotel and the town of Fira The shuttle bus into town was very convenient and there was no need for a taxi. I enjoyed the selection at breakfast.
On my transport back to the airport on checkout, my transport company was late. The front desk took it upon themselves to call the company and make sure I was picked up in time for my flight home.They had a breakfast plate made for me although I didn't inform them the night before.
It's service like this that makes the memories of your vacation pleasant. I would stay here again to see if the service I received is their normal operating procedures.
I would have liked smaller face towels but I 'm overall satisfied with my stay.
I didn't have the opportunity to enjoy their Spa facility, but maybe on my next visit to Santotini.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This place was incredible! We searched for a while to find a great place to stay in Santorini and we couldn’t have been more happy that we chose De Sol.

The staff were excellent, they were very friendly and helped us make reservations and get from place to place effortlessly. The accommodations were unbelievable, our room was perfect and our private pool was the best. The breakfast was also very good and great way to start each morning.

The location to the town in Fira was great for nightlife and restaurants and it wasn’t hard to secure transportation to Oia for the sunset or boats.

Overall this was an amazing place to stay in every aspect and I wouldn’t even consider another place next time I go back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is absolutely the place to go if you are looking for a quiet stay with great service- everyone there was incredible, especially Ilias, Katarina, Maria, Tasos and the cleaning and spa crew, especially Nina. The breakfast was delicious and the dinner at the restaurant was very high quality. Both our superior room and (free upgrade to a) villa were well furnished, clean and practical.
While it is a few minutes drive from the hustle of the center in Fira, there are shuttles and plenty of car rentals nearby. I loved that this was a smaller hotel, with real attention to detail and care for their guests. The staff was very knowledgeable and always ready to help. For the price that we paid, I feel that we got much more than we bargained for. Absolutely helped to make our honeymoon unforgettable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travellingdogluver
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I booked a couples massage with Michaella and Emanuella "Emma" yesterday. We entered a romantic spa area for the sauna, hot tub that reminded me of a Greek bath and steam room. This was pure bliss. Then we were given a spectacular traditional Greek foot bath and massage. We feel fabulous after the Swedish massage. Michaella and Emma made us feel wonderful head to toe. Now ready for more adventures. You will Love!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyKearney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
2.4 km away
2.5 km away
Porto Fira Suites
Porto Fira Suites
#8 of 81 in Fira

Been to De Sol Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!