“Brilliant hotel to enjoy your holidays”
Review of The Majestic Hotel

The Majestic Hotel
Ranked #16 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Brilliant hotel to enjoy your holidays and to rest yourself. Very close to each and every place of the island, close to Oiha and all other objectives including the beaches. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. I would have to say that while it is close to Fira, I wish it was closer. That might just be me being too lazy to walk. Lol. It’s about a 10 minute walk to Fira town where the bus station and the shops/restaurants are. The room was nice. I would have preferred an updated key system though. I had a hard time locking and unlocking the door almost every time. An upgrade to a card lock would be appreciated. I like the fact that they offered jacuzzi in the bathroom. I enjoyed if even though there were jets that weren’t functioning. A nice upgrade to the bathroom decor would be nice as well to match the bedroom’s standard. Bedroom: modern, bathroom: dated. I liked their free breakfast as well. There were a lot of choices and the staff were very attentive and hospitable. They also went to great lengths of reminding me of my flight and even arranged transportation for me. Since I had an early morning flight and would miss their breakfast buffet, they served breakfast early that morning while waiting for my taxi. Overall, I would say that I would go back to this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Godwithus07
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Look this is a very nice hotel off main strip of Fira (about 10 min walk to square). Very quite and accompanying. Staff did go up and beyond and the food wasn’t bad. On our honeymoon so we were a bit disappointed with room as it didn’t have jacuzzi or extra space. We wanted something on actual caldera in Fira. They did step up after us considering transfer to another hotel and gave us the master suite for 5 days. That did have a jacuzzi tub in the room but didn’t work all the time. Room is crazy big with unique layout. Again no real view though. They did have normal and heated pool in middle main area but no jacuzzi or hot tub. Steam sauna and full spa we did utilize. Selected a couples massage in a very small parlor/area. Was very relaxing and intimate. My massage was great doing a deep tissue (ask for Vickie) but my wife wished hers was a little deeper and she did request more pressure. Only 10 min walk from square $15 euro cab ride to Oia which was about 15 min ride as Fira is great central location. Staff was amazing overall and super accommodating!

Room Tip: Not on Caldera and limited views
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I must say, this hotel have perfected customer service, I have never stayed at a hotel where the entire staff was so genuinely nice, and eager to please their customers. Anything you need.....just ring the front desk, and they made it happen; from rental cars, to excursions, to hotel transfers. They did it all with a pleasant smile.

The rooms are very nice; not large but not too small. The bed was super comfortable, and my balcony was ocean front with a picturesque view. There are 2 nice pools, one of them heated. Cleaning service was great, they were prompt in cleaning the rooms and bringing anything that was missing or needed. It is also perfectly situated less than a mile from the city center that had tons of shops, restaurants, bars, clubs,etc. Took us maybe 15 mins walking.

The daily breakfast selection was not vast, but more than adequate. Food prices were very reasonably priced, with a good selection, and room service was quick,

The only reason i didn't give a 5 star, is because of the wifi service; It was just terribly slow/weak (at-least for me it was). I got frustrated when trying to make a wifi phone call, so i would give up, and just wait until i was in the town at a bar or restaurant.

Apart from that, the hotel is wonderful with an amazing staff. I would definitely stay again, or recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jermaine B
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Only a 5 minute walk to downtown Fira, the Majestic is the perfect hotel to stay at if you want an amazing view of the volcano but want to avoid the hustle and bustle of a downtown hotel. The property is spacious and clean. The staff very courteous, helpful and professional. Excellent Continental breakfast (included) and late checkout (12:00) made my stay more comfortable. One tiny "problem" was with the plumbing. After every shower the bathtub leaked a good amount of water and the toilet flush was very weak. Overall, I had a great experience with this hotel and I would recommend it.

Stayed: October 2017