“Beautiful setting”
Review of Sixty5 On Main

Sixty5 On Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Sixty5 On Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 82 Restaurants in Nyack
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Was very pleased at our dining experience..food was tapas but more than enough..in fact we ordered way too much...the staff was wonderful and the ambiance of the restaurant with nice jazz live music...wonderful..and for the record...a great size bar and the restaurant itself...very large

1  Thank mevardi

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Had dinner here on the recommendation of a friend. The old Baumgart's location has been extensively re-done, renovated, etc. They spent a nice amount of money and the place is very nice, aesthetics, ambiance. They have a few different rooms, outside/patio seating for when the weather is nice. The library room is off, behind the bar -- nice ambiance, environment, small, quaint space. The bar area, the bar itself is modern, big, deep bar. The only gripe I have here are the bartenders and drinks. I don't see these bartenders as seasoned professionals -- and in a place like this, you need it. Even if younger, bartenders with experience, know-how, etc. -- not just making drinks. The drinks are a little "light" so to speak.

Once we were done at the bar -- we sat down. Service started out very good, but tapered a bit. While there was a large party there, the waiter did have help. I think they need a few procedures/protocols in place. I saw one non-waiter staff person filling up water at one table, but told the waiter to do it at another. The waiter became a bit MIA after we got our food, which let water go unaddressed, another drink, etc.

That said -- the theme is small plates, and they have a few entrees. Works well. They do it well. The food is good -- good quality, good preparation, good flavor, taste. Nice variety on the menu, good scope and depth, something for everyone, which is very good in a small plate model. I enjoyed the food, and the experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Went for Sunday Brunch--the food was fantastic, especially the Classic Eggs Benedict and the Shakshuka. The restaurant has a Mediterranean feel, beautiful and spacious; service was attentive but not invasive. They even have live light jazz (not too loud) every other Sunday. Overall a delightful experience!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

1.0 star rating

3/15/2017

I tried out Sixty5 on Main Saturday night. I arrived after 10:30pm but was still able to order food. There was no hassle at the door, everyone seemed friendly and I felt comfortable. A great band was playing, Sweet Georgia Brown, and the night seemed to be starting off great. The waiter was very good and the service was excellent. The food was amazing. The restaurant is new and the atmosphere is also amazing. So why only 1 star? I ordered a shot of Jack Daniels Honey from Chris, my waiter. When I drank it I immediately noticed not only was in not honey, but it wasn't even Jack! After a great evening enjoying the band and the great food, I confronted Chris when he brought the check. I asked why he didn't tell me he didn't have jack Daniels Honey and why he didn't come to me and ask if I would rather have something else. Why was I given something I didn't order without asking? When I looked at the check it said Wild Turkey Honey 14 bucks. Chris, instead of apologizing, took a hissy fit, mumbled something I couldn't understand, and stormed off with a HAVE A GREAT NIGHT. After doing such a great job all night, I thought his behavior was very unprofessional. The next day I went to a local pub and ordered Jack Honey. The bartender came back and told me he didn't have it but he could offer me something like it. He suggested Wild turkey, 6 bucks. It wasn't about the money. I would have taken the wild turkey from Chris if he came back and told me he didn't have Jack. It was the dishonest, deceptive business practice that earned Chris, and Sixty 5 on Main, a very generous 1 star. If you are going to charge 14 bucks for a shot, you better give the customer what they ordered instead of BRAND X. I forgot to mention, I gave my dish to one of the servers and asked to have it wrapped up to take home. It was lost but Chris did take it off the check.
mikerdeluca@gmail.com

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Went with friends on a Saturday night. Pleasantly surprised by how different and good the food was, especially considering the recent popularity of small plate / tapas establishments. It's always difficult to know how much to order but we ordered nine items for four people (and two deserts) and could have eliminated one (but which?!).

The Winter Pasta was the clear favorite with the braised short ribs, and the hummus and beet salad were particularly good. The Scottish Salmon was delicious but it is not clear how to share the broth (so I had it.) Everyone though the Chicken Steam Buns were more bun than anything else.

The ambiance is modern, but the side rooms seemed to have different decors. One warning... in cold weather the front half of the main dining room was a bit chilly, you might ask about seating in the side rooms during the winter. It is quite noisy, but most places like this are these days.

Our friends found a nice wine they know from a short list at but it was a little pricey, being marked up over 3 times the local discount price. A short bear list had a couple favorites also.

One final note... we didn't know they had live music and had planned on eating on the early side but when we left past 9:30 they were still setting up so if that is a consideration plan accordingly.

I plan on returning to try some more items we had to skip!

Been to Sixty5 On Main? Share your experiences!