“Delicious, lovely decor but a tad overpriced for portion sizes”
Review of 8 North Broadway

8 North Broadway
Reserve with OpenTable
8 North Broadway is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Nyack
Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Our group went here on Sunday of July 4th weekend. We were two couples. The ambiance is attractive. The menu is beautiful with many seafood, meat and vegetarian choices. They have smaller plates as well as entrees and appetizers. We shared the mezze platter which was a TINY taste of many different spreads (hummus, tzatziki, etc) and olives, artichokes and the like. Delicious but surprisingly small tastes of each for a $25 appetizer platter. Among the four of us, other food items included both meat, fish and vegetarian items. Fairly high food prices and portions are not too generous, but you can taste the quality ingredients which we appreciated. Everything was attractively presented and tasted great. Glasses of wine are in the $12-14 range.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Sat at the bar, enjoyed a few lovely tapas that were so delicious -we wanted to take a vat home. Grilled pita was light and delicate so as not to overpower the composition of each of the sauces (tzatziki, and eggplant). Manager was very careful to communicate food allergies to kitchen.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

i really enjoyed this place for the town options and the price. The food was really good. We all had a variety of items. The service was great and served with a smile. i also liked the cozy atmosphere. its not too large or small and the lighting is perfect. Can't miss with this place.

johnareginek, Owner at 8 North Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Hi Shaun,

Thanks so much for writing such nice words. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

My wife and I, and 2 friends went to 8 North Broadway during Restaurant Week for Brunch. We made reservation through the website. The staff was very pleasant when we walked in. The deal for Unlimited Mimosas for $15 was amazing! You can't beat that! All the entrees were excellent. Cooked and prepared very well. Our waitress Lizzie was very nice and always made sure we were okay. Along with the other staff they helped out and also checked on us to see if we needed anything. I definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I have been meaning to write this review, but only getting to it now. We ate here this past fall/early winter of 2016.

I have eaten here several times. This most recent visit was disappointing.

We walked in during restaurant week. I usually try not to go out during this week, as I find it too busy, and I usually prefer the regular menu. But it just so happened it was on when we went on this Tuesday evening.

Set menu choices sounded ok, but what was served was lacking. Kale salad was ok as were the oysters. So far so good, even though I think deep fried chick peas in a kale salad is unappealing.

What followed was about a 4oz portion of steak for the main course. The portion was laughable and amounted to about 3 bites. Total disappointment.

Even though the menu described 4 or 5 desserts, none were available, The simple explanation was "this is all we have". And that was a few small squares of indistinguishable tasteless something or rather. After a cautious nibble, it was left basically untouched.

Uniformed service at the bar only added to the disappointment.

Obviously we left unsatisfied. Probably my 6th visit and I will not be back.

IMO, this is what happens to a once decent recent when there is no actual chef overseeing what comes out of the kitchen and the front end is poorly trained.

1  Thank flycycletravel

Been to 8 North Broadway? Share your experiences!