Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bella Jones
New York

This Hotel Needs Some Serious Upgrades

Review of Hotel Nyack
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Mar 2023
My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and I have to say it is not a hotel I would have selected. My cousin was hosting a birthday at this hotel in one of the ballrooms which is the only reason we booked a room here.

The hotel lobby is not very inviting at all - the decor is very strange and does not give a good first impression. I am really surprised that this hotel is part of the Hyatt brand. One of the highlights of this hotel is the staff. Everyone was very friendly and extremely helpful.

PROS:
*Great Staff
*The hotel bed was very comfortable
*the heating system in the room was really good (our hotel stay was in January)
*Free parking
*EXCELLENT food at the party catered at the hotel (I totally see why my cousin hosted her party here...the food was SO good)

CONS:
*The decor in the hotel room is very creepy - the pictures on the website definitely are a bit misleading.
*No free breakfast
Date of stay: January 2023
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Matt Tobin, General Manager at Hotel Nyack, responded to this review
Responded 16 Mar 2023
Dear BellaJOnesNY, thank you for staying with us during your cousin's birthday party. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your interactions with our staff and that you found the food to be EXCELLENT.

We recently renovated our entire lobby area, adding new furniture, fixtures, and artwork, to brighten the space up and make it more welcoming. I understand it is not to everyone's taste and we appreciate your feedback.

Also, if you are not already, please sign up for World of Hyatt loyalty program. The more Hyatt's you stay at the more points you earn, which can be used to increase your status, helping you to free upgrades, dedicated check in desk, and complimentary breakfast and participating hotels. If you'd like to hear more about the program, please visit https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/program-overview.html
S$122
  • travelup.com
7.8 km from Hotel Nyack
View more hotels in Nyack
1,732 results
All reviews rockland county balcony room cool hotel boutique hotel new york hip robe thruway nyc
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2023

I absolutely love it here. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. The food at Farm is fabulous...my husband is still talking about the seared tuna with farro. The bartenders are so sweet and seemed to really enjoy taking care of our crew. We brought a few locals (my nephews and their girlfriends) to the bar for drinks on Friday evening, and we just had the best time. Mel was such a sweetheart; they all were, but after a couple craft cocktails, I failed to make sure I remembered everyone's name. I can't wait to bring more people to this awesome hotel! My room was upgraded to a suite, and I cannot thank the lovely young lady at the front desk on Fri afternoon enough for her kindness! The beds are awesome, pillows are exactly what we love. Beekman products in the bathroom are a nice touch. I started buying Beekman products due to trying them out in various hotels. This hotel gets bonus points for location and charm.

Date of stay: March 2023
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Matt Tobin, General Manager at Hotel Nyack, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2023

Dear jando24, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are thrilled you and your husband loved the stay and the food at FARM. On behalf of Mel and the rest of the team, thank you for your business and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2023

Went during the snow storm and they were able to accommodate us even though they charged my card twice everything was clean and neat and overall I had a very pleasant stay with excellent staff and service

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear marirod0217, we are thrilled to hear you had a pleasant stay with our excellent staff and service. My apologies for the mishap with your credit card. If everything has not been rectified, please let me know. Matt.tobin@jdvhotels.com

Reviewed 28 February 2023

The staff made us feel special and even wished us a happy anniversary. Sent us a bottle of champagne and a card! Thank you guys for making our getaway special. It was out seventeenth anniversary and we love it

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear ignaciorodriguez176, Happy Anniversary! We are thrilled you spent your special occasion with us. Looking forward to seeing you back next year for your 18th anniversary.

Reviewed 28 February 2023

Staff is super friendly and met all expectations. The restaurant, The Farm, has amazing food. My service dog was treated very well and they even offered to bring him a water bowl! I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear jp75428, thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our staff and your meal at FARM. Looking forward to you and your service dog's return!

Reviewed 26 February 2023

Had to attend an event nearby and needed a place to stay. Hotel Nyack fit the bill and was an excellent stay. Comfy bed and eclectic decor. Everything is on the newer side and well-maintained. Got breakfast included as a Hyatt Globalist member. Breakfast was pretty standard but did the job. Good burger for lunch as well since I needed to work remotely while I was there. The desk is not ideal for work and unfortunately, you can't connect your laptop to the TV via HDMI since the desk is nowhere near the TV. Also the seating area was a little awkward if you wanted to watch TV (I was in room 405). Overall, I would recommend a stay if you are in the area.

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear alwong2000, we are thrilled to hear you had an excellent stay. Next time you are in town for business, please opt for one of our wonderful suites, with larger desk and seating areas to accommodate all of your business needs.