“Beautiful Day”
Review of View

View
Reserve with OpenTable
View is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Oakdale
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: View, located in Oakdale, offers diners top-notch seafood with a breathtaking view of the Great South Bay. The menu consists of small and big plate options, from the land and the sea, as well as a sushi bar.
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with a friend and sat outside to enjoy the water. What a perfect day! The food was prepared well. Plenty of choices from salad, steak sandwich to sushi.

2  Thank kkayo213i

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Having visited the nearly Bayard Cutting Arboretum we fancied lunch by the water and View fitted the bill perfectly. We decided to eat in the informal bar area but could have chosen the more formal restaurant or the outside deck by the river. Good selection of local beers, especially Blue Point, and a decent wine list. We all decided to treat ourselves and had the lobster roll ($28 market price that day). There were very well filled and accompanied by very good fries. Good service too. It was a little expensive mainly because of what we had but there were other lunch options from about $15. Great views (!) across the water ultimately to Fire Island.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I like this restaurant but on my last visit I ordered fish tacos thinking that at a waterside restaurant with a reputation for good food they would be ok. What I received was a fried frozen fish stick the likes of which you might see in a grocery store frozen food section on sale. Not wanting to confront the management in front of my out of town guests I decided to not make a fuss. What would it be good for anyway? The management and the chef made a deliberate choice to serve this cheap low quality food. What has happened to the culinary decision making at this restaurant?

1  Thank Eric R
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Had drinks sitting outside on sofas overlooking the water before dinner. Wonderful!
Dinner was good but not amazing. Service was excellent. On the expensive side.
I would probably go again earlier to take advantage of the Sunset menu.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We tried an order of several meats that we cooked ourselves on a wood hibachi. Unfortunately it created so much heat on a hot Caribbean night that we were sweltering . The meat kind of stuck to the hot grate . Ambience was nice but I do not think we will be back.

2  Thank lfbmonkey