“Great breakfast - glad I stopped.”

The Old Chatham Country Store & Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A charming market and cafe in Columbia County New York. With a Blue-stone patio for your summertime enjoyment and a wood stove to warm you in the winter. Stop in for a coffee and surf the web with our free Wi-Fi, pick up some Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream, Dean's Beans Organic coffee, freshly baked goods, Four Fat Fowl- an amazing local cheese or our delicious chips & salsa. Open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:00a.m.-3:00 p.m. CLOSED on Wednesdays Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:00am -3:00pm Serving breakfast 7:00-11:00 am, Hot Lunches 11:00a.m.-2:00 pm. Sandwiches & Salads until 2:30pm We close at 3:00pm daily
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Even though it's a bit off the beaten trail, I stopped for breakfast at The Old Chatham Restaurant and Cafe at the recommendation of a friend. I was driving from the Albany area and it took about 25 minutes on pretty country roads. It's right off 90 and the Taconic Parkway if you want a faster route.. There are 2 types of coffee, light and dark roast. The dark coffee was fresh, rich and robust. Both types of Coffee are available for purchase in the store. I ordered an egg white omelette . It was fluffy and loaded with spinach and mushrooms and came with a thick slice of homemade buttered marble rye bread. ( My bread selection). The cafe has a nice vibe and the Country Store sells items you'd need but don't want to make a special trip to town for. A nice addition to a quaint upstate town.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. Portions were very generous but something was a bit off. I had the pork BBQ. Huge chunks of pork meat, not the pulled variety, with a pretty non descriptive BBQ sauce. Lots of meat for sure but it just wasn't great. Likewise, my wife had a huge chef salad, a bowl filled to the brim, but in the end it was a victory of quantity over quality. To be clear, the food was good and we enjoyed It, it's just that I think there are more exciting options in Chatham.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I have been eating lunch and occasionally dinner here for many years. Brian ( the owner) has a great eye for presentation as well as top shelf ingredients. The daily specials are something to keep your eyes on, usually amazing combinations with special home made condiments.if you're in the area, set your GPS and find them.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Not expecting much from the store's title "Country Store and Cafe," we entered expecting a sandwich. The manager asked if we had a reservation and then WHO had recommended us. I had no idea that reservations were required but gave the local BnB owner's name and a table was offered. There were few tables but all set for fine dining with three wait staff. The food was good and it was obvious this place was known to the local people. It's ten miles to a larger town and this restaurant felt like a private affair we stumbled into. This site was so isolated that my daughter ten miles away had never been. I'm sure other travelers would cherish this site.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

I am so surprised at the last review. First of all, the service is great. During the day you go up to the counter and place your order and then a wait server brings it to your table. Everything is cooked to order and is generally perfect. On the off chance that a burger is too rare - or some other issue - just let them know and they will cheerfully take care of it for you. At night, on the times they do serve dinner, the cafe is turned into a white tablecloth, candle-lit room with fresh flowers on every table and table side service with a full wait staff. The menu has a good selection that should please every palate. The service is spot on and friendly. There is a full bar with delicious drinks served with a generous pour. The only complaint I have ever heard is that the portions are TOO large. But then that's okay because the food is still delicious the next day!

1  Thank LizzieT05