“humble setting with excellent food”
Review of The BoatHouse

The BoatHouse
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Ossining
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I had the linguini in white clam sauce & shrimp (6 nice sized). My wife had the lobster roll with cole slaw & fries. The lobster roll was all claw meat with little filler. The only place we see it's likes is on Cape Cod or southern Maine coast. They always have a special catch of the day & the staff couldn't be more nice. It sits right on the Hudson & can be hard to find. However, it is well worth the effort.

1  Thank bigblue98

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I went to the boat house Friday July 28th 2017...I was so disappointed. I ordered a burger that tasted spoiled and my friend ordered scallops...the scallops were under cooked. The waitress was very nice and said she would take the burger off of the bill and charged us $30.00 for 4 scallops and a little mashed potatoes and a few asparagus. I will never go to that restaurant ever again and I will make sure that anyone I know will not go there. How do you charge $30.00 for 4 scallops. smdh

2  Thank merriming
Reviewed 19 July 2017

Had a wonderful lunch at the Boathouse with my dear friend after a long bike ride from Dobbs Ferry. The staff were amazing with excellent recommendations. My friend had the crab salad (delicious) and I had the mussels in white wine. The white wine sauce for the mussels was perfect- light and flavorful- and unbeatable with the fresh bread. Really outstanding! The staff were friendly, helpful and authentic. It was a wonderful lunch! The ambiance was low key with local flavor- no restaurant chain here.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We wanted to eat lunch on the Hudson River as we were visiting from out of town. Spent day bike riding on the Old Croton Aqueduct trails. This was a gem of a place to have lunch! Great mussels in white wine and garlic. Served with fresh baked bread. Avocado and Crabmeat salad was really wonderful. Perfect!

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

We went here after returning from vacation where we had the most amazing culinary experiences and comparatively this can only be rated good. We shared the fish tacos and asked them to serve it as an appetizer without the fries or salad. Having just had amazing fish tacos the night before at another restaurant these can only be described as good. We then split the tuna salad. We loved the dressing but the tuna was frozen not fresh. We each had a fish pasta dish for dinner and there was an over abundance of pasta with not too much seafood. The clams in my dish were small and were frozen as well. How do I know some of the fish was frozen? Because my husband is a fish salesman at the Fulton Fish Market and he knows his fish. Not a bad restaurant just nothing extraordinary. The staff and the hostesses were very nice and the service was good.