“Pleasantly Surprised”

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Was part of a group of 8 that went to this restaurant. Shocked that on a Saturday night we were able to get a reservation at a decent time. Good diverse menu and most of us ordered something different from the rest. Everyone loved their food, which was the pleasant surprise. I had the fish tacos which were huge and very tasty. Price was extremely reasonable for what we got. Only loss of a star is due to slowness in the kitchen as it seemed to take a long time to prepare our meals when they were not overly busy.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My daughter and I were at restaurant waiting area for about 10 minutes. We hung up our coats, looked at special on board, looked in pub and then dining room and decided we liked to sit in booth in dining room. My husband came in and we were looking at the many travel brochures. No one came to seat us. We started entering the restaurant and a man came rushing up and angrily said there was a sign to wait to be seated. My husband asked if this area was off limits. He said No. I said we were waiting at least 10 minutes and no one came to us. He said they were busy (it was 2:30 in afternoon and there were about 3 people in bar and 2 tables of people in dining room.) Then he said "I saw when you came in and it wasn't 10 minutes ago." I was humiliated and furious and said in that case we'll leave and you won't be so busy. He then sarcastically said "Have a nice day".
We left and I went back in to talk to manager and was told he was manager. I make another remark when I went by about them being not so busy and he again sarcastically said "Have a nice day". We left and my daughter talked to a woman who said she would pass experience on to owners. It's been almost 2 week and no call or apology.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I don't get the haters really, Livingoods is the best place I have eaten at in the North Country. Their beer is out of this world, the food is super good and unique for pub food, and their atmosphere has something like a modern mountain look. This place is nothing short of just really cool.

HOPBLOODED, Owner at Livingoods Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thanks for your support Bonnie! Great to hear that all of our hard work is paying off. I like to think that we have something here for everyone. So if as the saying goes, "haters gonna hate" then I guess we have something for them too : )

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I can tell you that every visit is a different result. Sometimes your food is good and hot, other times it comes out cold. This my last visit. The beers are good but the food and service is inconsistent.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Great food, everything with a different than usual twist so interesting. Last time had the pork rolls and fish tacos - both excellent. Coffee-flavored beer also excellent. Their food is not your "standard" restaurant food. Everything has a unique twist to it. Lots of hamburger options. Several unusual but very good pizzas. They feature local ingredients as much a feasible, so the beef is from a farm about two hours away. Vegetables are from local farms when in season. And their prices very reasonable.

Been to Livingoods Restaurant? Share your experiences!