“Amazing food and service”
Review of Green Acres Bakery

Green Acres Bakery
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Peru
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Homemade food with a nice atmosphere. Always friendly service and great food. Food is always hot snd fresh. Fresh homemade bread in serveral variaties. Just amazing no other way to explain it. Prices are reasonable and food was great. No complaints here.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Amazing breakfast with homemade bread for toast or sandwhiches. Staff very friendly and accomidating. Prices are more than reasonable. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I've lived in the area most of my 50+ life and yet I had never dined at Green Acres until last year. We'll I certainly had missed out!! The place is relatively small, maybe 15 tables and I think that's the key!! Stay small and do it well are good words to live by for small community businesses. Green Acres is super clean and the waitresses are very friendly from the moment you walk in the door. One time we sat at the bar where we could watch the behind the scenes and wow they are busy! The food is always Hot and although I'm not a big fan of eggs, the scrambled eggs are lightly cooked wonderfulness! Other favorites are hash (with delicious crusty edges!), blueberry pancakes (with a crisp outside and a moist, yummy inside) and their fresh baked bread (sunflower seed bread is my favorite!). They also have specials each day. Green Acres has a home town, welcoming feel. Sunday mornings are especially busy with people arriving after church, but we have typically found an open table without a wait. And the time from ordering to getting food is quick! The price is slightly higher than other breakfast places but well worth it!! Just a friendly and delicious place to start your day. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I was there only once before returning today. The waitress remembered what I ordered and provided the same great food and service. The restaurant serves up just quantity and tasteful food. I recommend that u stop and try it out.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Green Acres has been a staple in Peru for decades, but Donna (the new owner) has taken this wonderful family diner and has turned it into something truly special.
It's is great place for breakfast or lunch, or to simply meet for a coffee to conduct a little business. It's a true classic American diner. The food is fantastic, the portions are generous, the price is very fair -- and they have a bakery that rocks.
Peru is known for it's inviting, friendly people . . . Green Acres is certainly an important part of that tradition.

Been to Green Acres Bakery? Share your experiences!