“So Freaking Good!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 13 February 2015

Every time we come up to the Catskills, we stop in Phoenicia and eat at Brio's. Usually more than once. Their apple bacon grilled cheese rules and I love their macaroni salad. I also had a chicken pot pie stew over biscuits before we left to come back home and it was amazing. Brio's is a must.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

Lots of options, each just a little bit different than you're used to. Had the pastrami, eggs over potato pancakes w/ mustard hollandaise sauce. Um, yeah. Everything was top notch, great cup of coffee as well.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

We always try to stop at Brio's for lunch when we visit the Catskill region. My wife and I lunched here yesterday and as usual, we were not disappointed! Trust me when I say the ambience here is nothing to brag about, but the place exemplifies the town. Nice and quaint and buried in the Catskill Mountains. I don't know how this restaurant does it, but their homemade breads are fantastic! My wife ordered a chef salad with homemade pita bread, while I ordered my usual french dip roast beef sandwich on homemade asiago bread. The best! I sure wish I lived closer to this place!

Reviewed 19 January 2015

Excellent brick oven pizza has never disappointed, always have a great beer selection. The wait staff is always friendly, accommodating and attentive.

Because this is my pizza and beer place, I haven't explored the menu. I've enjoyed a few fresh salads, and I've had the nachos a few times -- the quality there is uneven -- one time it will be perfect, the next time it seems like a bunch of chips without enough stuff. Whatever -- I'm really there for the pizza. We have several times driven out of our way because Brio's pizza is the craving of the day -- not pizza, BRIO's pizza.

Had the desserts a couple times, but, honestly, I like to walk around town for a bit then go across the street to Mama's Boy for delectable pie or Jane's ice cream or chocolate covered bacon or whatever new treat they've come up with.

Reviewed 16 January 2015

We took a drive out recently to sample Brio's pizza. Being from Brooklyn, the home of great pizza and hearing the raves about Brio's I had to try it out. The test of any good pizza is keeping it simple - dough, cheese and sauce, that's it. Brio's does a Margherita Pizza that deserves a standing ovation. The brick over and hint of sesame seeds in the crust make this one of the best pizza's I've eaten, ever! We Will Be Back, Again and Again!