“Still dreaming of this place”
Review of Tavern 214

Tavern 214
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Craft beers & cocktails, a smart wine list, and a seasonal menu that reflects a strong "farm to table" philosophy. Tavern 214 is set in the bucolic Catskill Mountains, just a few steps from the Stony Clove Creek. Dine outdoors on the covered patio or cozy up to the fireplace in this 1920's Colonial Tavern, newly restored by your hosts, Peter & Vivian Diaz.
Reviewed 28 December 2016

So, I was here back in April of 2016 and have been meaning to write a review forever. This dinner, seriously, still thinking about it. We live about 2 and a half hours away and I would honestly think about making the drive just to come back here and eat again. My husband ordered the duck quesadillas for an appetizer and I was a bit hesitant about that as I'm not a huge fan of duck. The only time I had ever had duck previously, it was not a delicious experience. This, however, was scrumptious. The meat was moist and flavorful and the filling was to die for.

For dinner I ordered the pork chop. Oh my goodness. This was the kind of good that alllmost made me do that thing I kind of scoff at other people for doing-take pictures of food. There was not one single thing about that meal that I could find fault with. Honestly, this is probably the best dinner I have ever had, and this is coming from a beef girl.

Anyway, if you have not been yet. Go. Go now. Well, not right now because I doubt they're open this late. But, make haste! I mean, the service was good and ambiance was nice,but the food. The fooood. It will haunt you.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

The menu was inventive, the staff friendly but best of all, the food was outstanding. The flavors meshed. Up to par with fine urban dining, plus love the local sourcing.

Highly recommend the lobster fritters--not greasy.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We ate here last weekend and it was incredible! The staff was so friendly and the food was excellent. It may seem expensive at first but the portions are huge. A great atmosphere all around. I definitely recommend this as a must go for dinner!

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Three friends and I visited Tavern 214 on Friday. We were recommended by a friend and were not disappointed, it has a wonderful atmosphere and great food. I had the Philly cheese steak which did not disappoint and one of my friends had the scallops which were great. The deserts and drinks were also great!

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Just happened upon Tavern 214, stopped in for an early dinner. They are a farm to table, locally sourced gastropub. I went with the burger & truffle fried. VERY happy with my selection. The owners & staff were very welcoming. They made you feel like old friends. Love this place