“Eggs Benedict TO DIE FOR!!! More Hollandaise, Please!”
Review of Phoenicia Diner

Phoenicia Diner
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Phoenicia Diner serves your favorite diner standbys made with locally-sourced and fresh seasonal ingredients from nearby Catskills and Hudson Valley farms.
Reviewed 28 August 2016

I love Eggs Benedict. Like LOOOOOOVE. I make a killer Benedict with a lemon Hollandaise. I've NEVER been to a diner that's done justice to Eggs Benedict. They usually butcher it, so I was floored when I had theirs! Gorgeous hash browns and sweet, fresh-squeezed mimosas served with it. Wish they weren't so sparing with the Hollandaise. Live a little, baby, gimme more! The owner is opening up a restaurant in Woodstock, NY. No word on what type of cuisine it'll be, I just PRAY to GOD ABOVE that they serve Eggs Benedict with lots of Hollandaise!

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Don't get ,me wrong this is a great diner but having read several glowing reviews I think we arrived with inflated expectations. In the end we had a great breakfast in a really good diner but Oriole 9 might edge it for corned beef hash and our overall takeaway was really good not mind blowing.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

The Trip advisor ratings are quite accurate on this restaurant. We stopped for lunch and really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere, which is a diner. I had the trout, which I thought was tasty and well prepared. There is a nice view of the Catskills but not a stunning view. One local said this was the best place for lunch but it's always hard to know if they are just being honest or not. I liked it!

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I rented a magical cottage for a few months this summer and one of the benefits of the cottage being in Phoenicia, was access to the Phoenicia Diner. The first time I went there, a friend and I sat at the counter. The service was perfect and the owner introduced himself to us and told us about the diner. The manager also introduced himself, so these guys know what they're doing in terms of client retention. Nothing like good old personal connection.
The food is always delicious and the atmosphere is really nice. Depending on when you go there, you'll find the local crowd (weekdays) or the fresh air seeking NYC crowd, (weekends.) You'll wonder if you've been transported to Brooklyn but without the too cool for school attitude.
By the way, you can order carryout and sit outside so your dog can be along. Perhaps they'll have full scale outside seating and service someday which would be lovely.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

looks like new owners have revamped this diner in the Catskills, located on route 28 near the entrance to Main Street Phoenicia, it offers great food, service, and of course higher prices than before. Beer also served. Typical diner food.