“Bet biscuits and gravy I have EVER had”
Review of Phoenicia Diner

Phoenicia Diner
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Phoenicia
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Phoenicia Diner serves your favorite diner standbys made with locally-sourced and fresh seasonal ingredients from nearby Catskills and Hudson Valley farms.
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Going to keep this one short and sweet. Was here in April of 2016, had the best biscuits and gravy I have ever had. Biscuits were fluffy, thick, and perfect. Sausage Gravy, well, if I could fill a bath tub with it and bathe in it, I would. Sausage was spicy but not too, just enough of a kick with the gravy nice and creamy to temper that heat just right.

My waist line is glad I live too far away to be a regular at this place. My tastebuds wish I lived next door.

HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

A local favorite, amazing menu with a gamut of possibilities from plain eggs and meat to duck legs and grits to pan fried trout. Full bar to boot. Great place for a small bite or a large meal.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We have planned our stop here 100 miles north from New York City on our trip to Woodstock. This diner is a jewel of the restaurants. Breakfast served all day. Vegetarian alternatives. Delicious food, a real american atmosphere and a friendly service. Come for the mountains, stay for the food.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

We stop at the Phoenicia Diner every time we drive past it, and often will change the route to our Catskill home just so we will drive past it. My family is totally addicted to various items, but my favorite is the duck confit with grits! UNBELIEVABLE!!! We live in Minnesota but have a home in the Catskills too and we keep bragging to our friends in MN about this amazing restaurant. I think we'll have to talk to the owners to see if they'll open one out here too!

1  Thank smartdesigner
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Phoenicia Diner looks and feels like an old school diner, but the menu is a notch above consisting of classics and mixed with non-traditional diner fare like Cubanos, smoked salmon nicoise salad, etc.

We ate:

Cubano with fries - great ratio of ingredients, have eaten a ton of Cuban sandwiches and this did not disappoint. The ciabatta bread was a great choice and the fries are deliciouis.

Biscuits and gravy - decent, nice large sausage pieces, but nothing amazing.

Avocado salmon tartine - also great, fresh smoked salmon and avocado puree.

Grapefruit juice was fresh squeezed, coffee was solid. Happy hour is an option at the bar (back of the diner has its own bar area).

If you're in the area and looking for brunch, it's an excellent option with some interesting menu items. There can be a line for larger groups though we went on the Saturday after Thanksgiving at 11am and were seated immediately.

And yes, this diner and the feel would be considered hipster (more Williamsburg than Bushwick)

1  Thank d2privat11