“Great fun at private dinner”

Blue Hill at Stone Barns
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Metro North from Grand Central Station to Tarrytown Station. Taxi cab are available at the station to reach the restaurant.
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Came here for a private dinner. Got yours of the kitchen. Great amuse bouche during cocktail reception. Dinner was tasty. The highlight was the lamb and carrot. As dessert. So much fun.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Wow. A unique and fun (and expensive) dining experience. We went for my wife's birthday and it was an exciting 3-1/2 hour assault of delicious food, mostly vegetables. The service was great, with at least 5 different servers bringing food (along with detailed descriptions of it) to our table. The servers were all engaging and well-schooled in describing the dishes they presented. I learned about fighter spinach, honey nut squash, and endives (all delicious). After about a 100 courses of small servings you wind up quite full. A little gimmicky but still a lot of tasty fun, and the meal includes a field trip (ours was to the bakery), But it was by far the most expensive meal I ever had, and even though I would classify it as dinner and a show, it still is way more than I've ever paid for dinner and a show, I would do it again, perhaps in the summer when the menu and I imagine the experience is different, but may need to hit the lottery to afford it. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I received a Gift Card 1 year ago (with a 1 year expiration date) so I contacted the restaurant to say I would come any Friday evening, anytime Saturday or Sunday for the next year. They told me I would have to go online so I did. For the past year I have gone online every week and every time there are NO TIMES on weekends. After dining at the NYC restaurant ($1000+tab for two) I shared my dilemma and was given "Anna's email." Anna is in charge of reservations and she initially said "No problem" but after several back and forth e mails and numerous efforts to speak on phone (endless wait on hold until I had to return to my medical practice) The management should look into Anna and the reservation department.

5  Thank ronaldfairbairn
Reviewed 8 January 2018

If you are into the hype, the artful but pretentious presentation, the bragging rights and the celebrity sighting, it is the place.
If you are into the substance of the gastronomical experience, stay away or pay the price for the Michelin miss.
There is a reasonably extensive and priced wine list, but the dinning menu constructed around two main ingredients; pork and vegetables.
There is nothing wrong with the pork belly or bacon, but during 4 hours long dinner you'll be served so much fresh, lightly sautéed, reconstructed or imitated vegetables that you may either start lactating or fart yourself all the way home.
if you are farm-to-table aficionado, just cross the river to Jersey, there you'll find similar, not Michelin rated but much more refined and reasonable establishment called "Ninety Acres".
Be advised that on the dessert you'll be served the "administrative fee".
I can't tell you if "administrative fee" is related to any goods transferred or service rendered because Blue Hill makes concerted effort to explain what "administrative fee" is not, covertly suggesting that the gratuity is appreciated on top of it.
It appears that all patrons are charged at least $50 fee for the privilege of spending at least $250 more.
I wouldn't be surprised if the business model where the ratio of customers to service staff is close to 1:1 cannot provide its staff with descent living wages. I am concerned that the amount of servings and servants makes the ambience rather hectic and unrelaxing. I am not bothered with Blue Hill At Stone Barns profit margin, it is the integrity of Michelin that concerns me.

10  Thank e m
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Super special occasion dining, Very expensive, but unique experience. Understated, elegant atmosphere is perfect setting for a multi-hour, multi-course dining experience.