“WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $1.00 BURGER??????”
Review of Tara Inn

Tara Inn
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I*ve been going to Taras Inn for over 30yrs; I*ve taken my wife, sons, relatives, family and grandkids. I don*t know whats going on there now, prices are all raised, items have been dropped from the menu, the bathrooms are a disaster. I asked a couple of waitresses if there is a new owner or if there*s new polices in effect; they told me they didn*t know. I would think they know what*s going on at McDonalds, change is killing their business. I hope they rethink their new prices and menu.

1  Thank kaps49

Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Been going here for many years! Very good food at amazingly low prices, love that! Good drink specials and happy hour foods! Great place to eat, drink and be merry!

Reviewed 14 August 2015

Came in here for lunch with a coworker. From the smell of old bar to the old cigarette marchine in the corner this place basically looks like a dump both in and out. If you can get past that and read the menu on the walls the food is better. I ordered the $2 hamburger. It was cooked perfect, came with lettuce, tomato, pickle and chips. The burger was delicious they must use a very good grade of meat. Coworker order 10 chicken wings for $6 which he enjoyed.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

I've been going to Tara's for about 30 years as a go-to for an inexpensive meal and a decent beer. It has never let me down. It is a local bar, but strangers are welcome. I think it's part of the Long Island experience.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I have been going to Tara's for years; it was always a nice Irish family type bar and still is. Very recently the pull tabs at 'happy hour' were dumped-- the prices--heretofore very reasonable have increased greatly (4 x) while the portions have shrunk.

Now it's just a bar; what happened?? Yesterday I was there with my and wife and adult son--we noticed the change right away. People at the table next to us asked what happened?? Saying they won't be back. The only thing that is still there is the surly barmaid who has been there forever. That is one change they should make!!

I neglected to mention the deplorable state of the bathroom; RIGHT NEXT TO THE KITCHEN~~

1  Thank JohnFromLI