“Why?”

Add it.
Ayhan's Mediterranean Marketplace
Ranked #33 of 101 Restaurants in Port Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Why do I come back here and think it will be better? That is the question I ask myself.

There was one reviewer that noted the place is "dirty". I agree. In addition the food is simply bad.

Ordered a Tuscan Panini thinking it would be ok and hoping it would be better than ok. Instead I got just plain old bad.

The function of the panini grill is to heat food to an appropriate internal temperature with desirable external characteristics (i.e. food safe, melted cheese, crisp finish, grill marks). Wikipedia

That's not what I got. Chicken was heated in the microwave which made it rubbery. Not only did the bread not have a crisp finish with grill marks, it was simply soggy. The cheese was not melted and the pesto lacked flavor. And all that for just $8.99.

Have been here before with similar outcomes. I've officially lost hope.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

More a take out place than a restaurant. Everything seems to have the same flavors, but not bad. Quite spotty. Better off eating the salads and sandwiches.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

On Sunday August 21st , It was Sues birthday . As a present I bought 2 tickets to see a show at "The Landmark Theater On Main" "My Mothers Italian , My Fathers Jewish, And I Am In Therapy . Well we decided to try "Wild Honey On Main" for brunch . Well the restaurant was closed ??. I knew about Ayhan's Marketplace . So we went there. They have an excellent variety of foods on their menu . Including various omelets which we were in the mood for .Sue went with a Spinach/Feta omelet, I went with the Gyro meat , Diced Tomatoes, Spinach and Feta . Both were very delicious . The inside is done up in a bright white and blues . Very cozy place . Service was attentive , the cost for our plates were quite reasonably . Try Ayhan's marketplace , you wont be disappointed .

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Have had lunch before and decided to go here for breakfast. I had the croissant french toast which was very good!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We were in town for a charter fishing trip and needed to find a place for a quick lunch. We initially thought the shop was a convenience store, but quickly realized it was much more than that (as we entered).

It's nothing fancy, but the service was good and the menu variety was quite nice. Prices were fair.

It's not a fine dining atmosphere. It's not a romantic atmosphere. It has a modest gourmet deli type of atmosphere.